What's new

Anyone pickup the Fraggle Rock SE Disc? (1 Viewer)

Josh L

Stunt Coordinator
I have been thinking about getting it but haven't seen any reviews.

Anyone pick this one up?

Thanks.

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
Mine arrived last week from Amazon.com. It was a nice nostalgia fix. I haven't looked at the bonus animated episodes yet (and, probably won't ever).

I wasn't particularly impressed by the disc itself. The music featurette was basically a 'best-of', hosted by Travelling Matt. It was good to hear some of the songs again, but it would have been interesting to learn more about the song-writers & performers.

There are three episodes on the disc, and HIT has removed the title sequences from the 2nd & 3rd eps, and cut off the ending sequence from the first two. I suppose that's ok for someone watching all 3 in one go (and probably a plus for a parent who doesn't want to hear "Down in Fraggle Rock" 3 times in a row), but when you're watching them at different sittings, the cuts are jarring and annoying.

As far as the video/audio quality, I'm not as technically-savvy as the HTF-reviewers. I wasn't impressed, but, I have no idea what state the masters were in, and since it was shot on video, it didn't seem unusually bad, but certainly not the best.

So, considering the incredibly low price, I'm happy with the purchase. It really was nice to see those familiar faces again, and to hear the songs & voices.

But I sure hope HIT does a better job with the season sets. This release is geared towards the very young; it would be nice if they could throw us adults a bone. According to the recent news-item at TVShowsOnDVD they're aiming for preschoolers & parents of preschoolers. But I was at least 11 or 12 when I started watching the show, so I wish they'd aim a little higher.

Burn Rourk

Agent
My wife and I picked up the new DVD. Though I was indeed happy to see these episodes and characters after so many years, I wasn't necessarily thrilled with the way it was presented. I didn't like the fact that one episode was treated as a bonus, and that there was so much extra fluff like Pingu included. If I want to watch Pingu, I'll buy Pingu.

In a nutshell: I was hoping for the 'Dark Crystal' treatment, but all I got was the 'Best of Elmo' treatment. Here's hoping for a little more respect from the season sets.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
I haven't found the disc yet. I checked Target and Wal-Mart, and Wal-Mart only had the original disc.

Best Buy is the place I need to go, but I just haven't gotten around to making the trip across town yet.

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I assume this company left the eps uncut? aside from the intro and credits remark made here in this thread? I just bought it but have yet to open it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks