What's new

Anyone have problems with Dell (ADVICE NEEDED)? (1 Viewer)

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for something like this, but I was wondering what other peoples experiences were with Dell computer orders? Mine has been an absolute mess of inept customer service, rude representatives, and botched communication between both Dell sales and Dell financial. To top it all off, I have been on the phone for literally hours today trying to find some way of talking to someone, only (again) to hit a brick wall in the form of a rude manager that, apparently, has no intention of helping me with anything.
So I'm considering doing just about the only thing I think I can do, which is write a reasonable and factual account of all the various things that have gone wrong, send it to some faceless e-mail address and hopefully (although probably not) get someone's attention. The unprofessional manner in which my transactions with the company are unacceptable for a 2 plus grand purchase.
Has anyone else had problems with this company? I would be interested in other peoples experiences, as I just cant believe the way this has been handled. Anyone have any advice?
------------------
Tosh TW56X81 HDTV
Panasonic RP56 prog scan
Arcam Diva AVR100
Arcam Diva P85 power amp
Arcam alpha 7se cd player
Paradigm ref studio 60(bi-amped and wired)
Paradigm montior 7 surrounds.

Jacob_St

Second Unit
I've experienced all of the above. If I could turn back the clock I would have built my own computer and not bought from DELL. If you can still return your computer I'd strongly suggest doing it.

Jacob,
Unfortunately I think at this point I don't have a choice on returning my product. This whole cycle of bad service has taken place consistently for like 4 months now. I think Im too late for a return, unless there is a stipulation that I am not aware of...
------------------
Tosh TW56X81 HDTV
Panasonic RP56 prog scan
Arcam Diva AVR100
Arcam Diva P85 power amp
Arcam alpha 7se cd player
Paradigm ref studio 60(bi-amped and wired)
Paradigm montior 7 surrounds.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Very strange. Ive had my dell for 3 years and the 1 time i had a problem they were very helpfull. Sorry to hear you guys are having problems. Dosnt matter to me anymore. I am just waiting for my video card to come and my new system will be built :)
capt

Jacob_St

Second Unit
Matthew, sorry to hear you are in the same boat as me. Have you gotten one of those annoying survey calls yet? They ask you to rate one of the associates you spoke to on the phone. The problem is you have to remember that persons' name which I can never do since I've spoke to about 25 people in many different departments. Everytime I see that annoying DELL commerical with the teenage kid hyping DELL's "award winning" service I just wanna strangle him.
The most annoying DELL feature is the 45-60 minute wait on the phone. Half the time I get disconnected about 20 minutes into the hold time.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Well, I've just been having hard drive and motherboard trouble with my Dell computer.
The first two times I called, I got nothing but trouble. CSR's were a bunch of morons, and wouldn't listen to a thing I had to say. The 3rd time I called, I got a very helpful CSR and a new hard drive + motherboard is being sent out.
Well actually, the hard drive has already arrived(and is 25GB larger then one that came with the computer!!)
So, all in all, I think it just depends on who you are speaking with(possibly also what the actual problem is)
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Cant say Ive ever had an issue with them. I have ordered 2 Dell computers and the orders were processed fast and I got the computers in about 4-5 days.
I had an issue with one my cd rom drives and one quick phone call later I got a replacement. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems and I wish you the best in working them out.

Ash Williams

Second Unit
I hate ordering anything over the phone,in fact, I won't do it anymore. There are several reasons,first there is always a chance that the person(or you)will screw up some mundane detail and you will end up with all sorts of problems. Next,you usually have to deal with a person who probably doesn't really give a shit if you get what you ordered or not,he's just counting the minutes till he can leave his 6.50 an hour road to nowhere. Then,you usually end up talking to a person with southern accent and you are trying like hell to here what they are saying(no offence intended to anyone with a southern accent :)). So the only solution to this kind of problem is to order online(if you can). I am not saying that online orders don't have problems,they do,it's just that in my experience there are fewer of them. Personally,I have ordered from Dell,online of course,and have had zero problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks