Anyone for a few American International Pictures horror titles on Blu-ray?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Derek M Germano, Jul 30, 2012.

1. bob kaplan

bob kaplan Supporting Actor

bob kaplan
    if any one is counting....add me to the list that would love to see these on blu.

2. Ejanss

Ejanss Banned

EricJ
    Again, I'm "for" them, but who HAS them?
    Last I heard, they reverted to James A NIcholson's estate/wife, and she's been tight on them ever since the MGM releases. I'd thought they'd changed hands to Fox, but not to many people really do know.

3. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    Susan Hart who became the Nicholson's second wife only has control of about eleven pictures. The AIP horror/Sci-Fi titles are IT CONQUERED THE WORLD, THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN, I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN, I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF, INVASION OF THE SAUCERMEN, TERROR FROM THE YEAR 5000, ZONTAR THE THING FROM VENUS, and THE EYE CREATURES. There are also a couple of western titles in the group. She has controlled these titles since Nicholson left AIP and they were never in MGM's hands.

There are ten of films the the Arkoff estate controls. They include BLOOD OF DRACULA, DAY THE WORLD ENDED, EARTH VS. THE SPIDER, HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER, THE BRAIN EATERS, VOODOO WOMAN, WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST and THE UNDEAD. These however have been released on DVD in the UK and some in the US.

And of course there are a small amount of titles that AIP released that reverted back to the producer.

MGM owns the Poe films and just about everything they released on DVD through their Midnight Movies collections. They are the total owner of the major films in the AIP library. Fox releases the product from the current MGM library and the MGM MOD program has released several AIP films including SARGENT DEADHEAD and OPERATION BIKINI.

4. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    A feature-length documentary was made about Reynold Brown in 1994; it was run on PBS and later on AMC (back in the good old days). Here's Part 1 (of 4) on YouTube:

5. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I'll happily buy American International titles if they come out priced right and of decent quality.