What's new

Anyone else not care for the Enya Song "May It Be" on the LOTR Soundtrack? (1 Viewer)

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I just got done listening to the Lord of the Rings Soundtrack, which I quite enjoy. But I find the Enya piece "May It Be" to be totally worthless. This is hardly the conclusion I'm looking for this great soudtrack.

I do enjoy The COuncil of Elrond piece done by her.

I love the six note trumpet piece used throughtout the score. Concerning Hobbits is probably my favorite piece of the film though. Really captures the Hobbit feel to me.

MikeAW

Second Unit
I've always wanted to know, why I should listen to enya...convince me!

Seriously, I've never understood the appeal of Hobbit Music. I can see she is popular, but I haven't been able to understand just "why". There's just tooo much estrogen in her music and not enough "ram a lama ding dong", I guess.

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
I don't care for her in general. I find her music completely cold and soulless. If I have to listen to "Two Can Say" on the lite rock station at work one more time I'm going to eat my glasses.

MikeAW

Second Unit
It reminds me of that period of limp-wristed, druid, genre of music that sprang up for a while, with the first Tyranosaurus Rex album title..."When people were Faire...

Birds in their Haire" and Rennaissance Faires, etc. That was before Marc Bolan suddenly acquired "balls", and ditched his cafcans for his patented "Electric Warrior" sound. Even he apparently knew from his rough trade days in the street, that people preferred lots of testosterone in their music and Fairy Tale stuff was only a temporary thing.

Still there was that guy in Steppenwolf who always wore the dress-like gowns, while the rest of the guys grooved to "Born To Be Wild" and "Magic Carpet Ride"...couldn't figure him out!

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I'm not an Enya fan, I don't particularly care for the lyrical style or the electronic music. However, "May It Be" has orchestral music and I have no problems with the lyrics. In fact, I actually like the lyrics because I feel I can relate to them in connection with someone I know (a girl who is very dear to me but will soon be leaving for greener pastures). You should listen to (or read) the lyrics and consider how they apply to Frodo.

I think the previous track with the boys choir, which wasn't heard during the movie, has lyrics that apply even moreso to the situation this girl and I are in, and to Frodo.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
While maybe the lyrics might apply to Frodo, I don't feel that it fits into the soundtrack in any way. Which leads me to the question of why it's in there.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I don't care for her in general. I find her music completely cold and soulless. If I have to listen to "Two Can Say" on the lite rock station at work one more time I'm going to eat my glasses.
That would require considerably more "taste" then Enya!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks