What's new

anybody familiar with aci jaguar / lfm setup? (1 Viewer)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i've been looking for speakers in the $2500-$3500 price range and ran across the aci jaguar / lfm system. granted, the jaguars alone are $2450 ($2600 in maple). i haven't seen any reviews or even comments on the setup. i guess $6000 mailorder speakers that you can't really audition is a big turn off for most. i've read nothing but good things about the older jags. the way i see it, i could get the new jags in maple and possibly upgrade with the lfm in another year. fyi, my current fav speakers are the thiel cs2.3. my electronics consist of the ead theatermaster encore (soon to be ovation-8), aragon 8008bb, and aragon 8008x3b just in case anybody wants to ask. thanks for any insight you can provide.

kevin t

kevitra

Second Unit
I do not own the Jags, but I do own the Sapphire IIIs (their little brother). They are wonderful speakers. I have yet to hear a speaker in the

Kevin T

Screenwriter
thanks, kevitra. i just did a search over there. several ppl mentioned that they intend on purchasing the setup but thus far no one has stated that they have heard the setup. right now, i'm in no position to be out $300-$400 just to listen to a pair of speakers. i guess i'll just keep searching.

kevin t

John Desmond

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin, the reason you haven't seen much on the Jaguar/LFM combo is that the new Jaguars JUST started shipping and the LFMs still haven't started shipping. I own a pair of Jaguar 2000s and Titan II subs and it is a simply phenominal system. I personally plan to upgrade to the new Jaguars and LFM, probably later this year. Mike D, who's opinion I really respect, has described the improvements to the Jaguar as quite significant. Apparently it is a completely new crossover. My understanding is that it retains the virtues of soundstaging/wonderful musicality etc. and improves in upper-midrange-treble resolution and transparency. I can't wait to hear for myself:) BTW, the shipping is only $100, I just looked it up on their site, knowing their products like I do, that isn't even a risk. Be one of the first to get them so you can tell the rest of us how good they are!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks