What's new

Any Xbox or Ps2 owners using a RP hdtv with their consoles? And if so..... (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Just wondering if the permanent images (health meters, scores, etc) from games on your RP HDTV set have caused any burn in? How long do your gaming sessions go with a game with permanent items on screen? Should I be concerned about this if I plan on playing xbox on a RP HDTV? I am still deciding on a RP vs a direct view and if burn in is a big conern I will go with direct view.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
I play on an RPTV, and I would say my game sessions last..6-10 hours when I'm playing with buddies and nothing has burned in so far.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Just make sure your TV is properly calibrated (either with a calibration disc or an ISF professional) and you should be fine. I've played Gotham for 13 hours straight when I first got it and there wasn't a hint of burn-in on my RPTV. Generally, though, it's probably not a good idea to play that long without a break. In retrospect it was a stupid chance to take, but it was when I first got the console and I just couldn't help myself... :b

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Ditto what Dave said

Just make sure your TV is properly calibrated (either with a calibration disc or an ISF professional) and you should be fine.
I've played just about every major long-play game for both consoles with not problems in the burn-in area. My set is ISF calibrated.

Troy

Brian_J

Second Unit
I think I've seen literally a 100 posts on this subject on this site. Search and yee shall find thy answer young man.

Brian

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I think I've seen literally a 100 posts on this subject on this site. Search and yee shall find thy answer young man.
You took the words out of my mouth - although I think I was poster number 47 on this subject :D
The administrators should leave a sticky thread at the top of this page that says "You will not experience burn while playing a console on your RPTV"

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys! So... What you are saying is that I should get that 43" 480p beauty for my xbox, properly calibrate it (with avia or ISF) take a break once in a while, not worry and enjoy xbox in all its glory?

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
You got it, Todd! It's natural to be concerned about burn-in, because just about every videogame I've ever bought warns against playing it on an RPTV. But we're here to tell you that if you calibrate it properly (pay particular attention to dropping way down on the contrast, as most TV sets ship with the contrast in "Scorch" mode so that they look good under the bright lights of your local mega-store), and take occasional breaks (both for your TV's and your bladder's sake), you should be fine. Just be careful and keep a close eye on the spots on your screen where static images like speedometers, health bars, game clocks, inventory, etc appear. Enjoy, man! :)

James D S

Screenwriter
The long of the short: Don't play your game for more than a week (or possibly more, depending on your set) straight on your RPTV without taking a break and you'll be fine. Burn-in exists, but it is HIGHLY overemphasized and overestimated.

*The above statement holds true only for those with a properly calibrated TV (brightness, contrast, red-push, and color temp being the parameters of importance).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks