What's new

Any Word on Season 2 of Space:1999? (1 Viewer)

Cinescott

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
A favorite show of mine when I was a kid. Season 1 looks fantastic. Even though the second season is weaker, I'm looking forward to completing the set.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I believe I read an article stating this would be coming out late 2013 to early 2014. I just can't recall where I saw this.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Obviously that's not happening. I'm hoping they surprise us and release it in time for the 40th anniversary next year. Or failing that, the 42nd (remember A&E's 2007 "30th Anniv." DVD set?) :)

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
We had some discussion about this in another thread - at the Andercon event this year, there was a screening of an HD remaster of "The Bringers of Wonder" and a student film that showed some BTS footage of some Series Two material. But the guys at Network did not say it was going to come out any time soon. There appears to be a continuing issue of the funds it will take to deal not only with the picture transfers but the audio for Series Two. I still believe there's a trove of bonus interview material ("These Episodes" kind of stuff) that would have been recorded at the same time Network did this for Series One. And I believe that if they can pull it together, they'll eventually release these episodes in a Blu-ray set that would include that material. Until then, we have the Series One set, and we still have all those SD DVDs of Series Two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks