What's new

any sony vaio recommendations? (1 Viewer)

brianacook

Stunt Coordinator
i plan on purchasing a new pc this coming weekend and the sony vaio pcv-rx540 seems to be able to offer me the most bang for the buck i can afford.

does anyone have this particular machine? any positive or negative feedback would be greatly appreciated. thanks you.

brian

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
I've recently got the VAIO 205K which is SUPERB. Very impressed with the build quality and performance (p3-850). VAIO are not the cheapest around but they sure are good machines.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Two weeks ago Purchased the PVC RX560 and I'm as happy as a little gurrrl!
My computer came with fully loaded with XP, a dvd drive, a cdrw drive, 256 mb, 80GB and a pentium 4 1.7GHZ processor.
The only problem I'm having, well not really a problem, is with XP. It is so different from anything else I've used.
Prior to Vaio, I purchased a NetVista package from IBM and from day 1, I had problems. I had many programs that just would'nt run properly, especially sound problems, and after many phone calls to the help line, I was never able to find the source of the problems. I even returned the cpu and got a new one, and still had the same problems.
Another issue I had with the IBM, was that I purchased the computer 3 weeks before XP was released. So I inquired about the entitlement of my purchase receiving a copy of XP, and I was told that if IBM gave me a copy of XP, my warranty would be null in void.
But I think the biggest beef I had with IBM was that with the new cpu, they gave complimentary software for my troubles "to keep", but when I eventually returned the computer package, they phoned me requesting their software back. So much for customer service.
So back to the original point. Get a Vaio!
Thanks for letting me rant.
IBM is evil;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks