What's new

Any rumors on The Seven Percent Solution ever making it to DVD? (1 Viewer)

paul_austin

Second Unit
I hadn't seen this since its theatrical release and wouldnt mind seeing it again, looks like it was released back in 98 on DVD but of course its out of print now

walter o

Supporting Actor
that old image disc was fullscreen anyway, but with MCA not releasing hardly any back catalog titles this year, it doesn't look like it will be re-issued anytime soon.:frowning:

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
TCM has been showing it Widescreen lately. Universal only seems to be releasing thier catalogue titles in sets lately so I am not sure how they would include this title.

I vote for a Nicol Williamson box set! Let's see, Seven Percent Solution, a new SE Excalibur, and anything else not currently available that has him in a major role (ownership be damned ;-) ). Looks like he hasn't appeared on film since Spawn back in 1997? Strange that he resurfaced in that kind of film only to disappear again; no? Too bad Lucas couldn't see his way clear to making him a Sith Lord or something... A very interesting actor who I'd like to see in more screen performances (assuming that he is still around)!

I was going to add a Merlin quote from Excalibur, but there are too many good ones to choose from; viva Merlin!

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Too bad Universal doesn't do double feature discs. This title would go great with THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS.

walter o

Supporting Actor
Christopher,

check him out in the little seen THE RECKONING which I enjoyed, and INADMISSIBLE EVIDENCE or LAUGHTER IN THE DARK? He is great as a lead in all of them.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis

And it was of overall poor quality to boot - I own a copy. IIRC this was Universal's very first DVD, released through Image as though Universal was just testing the waters of DVD. I've given up ever seeing a better DVD though.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've been watching the laserdisc for years (full screen as well), but I'll burn a DVD-R the next time TCM shows it widescreen.

Alice_Evans

Auditioning
Real Name
Alice Evans
I occasionally look for the Seven Percent Solution on DVD and was surprised when I plugged it in to amazon.co.uk and they were selling it for £4.98. I purchased a copy right away! It is a region 2 dvd but I imagine they'd have it in region 1 as well. Also, if you have a multi-region dvd player this shouldn't be a problem.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Dennis Nicholls /t/232743/any-rumors-on-the-seven-percent-solution-ever-making-it-to-dvd#post_3861894

Depends on what you regard as "decent." There's an MOD DVD that became available from Universal earlier this year in Region 1. You can get it on Amazon. It's an excellent transfer. Since Universal no longer issues catalog titles on pressed DVD, this is the best we'll get.

If you prefer a pressed DVD, however, there's a Region 2 edition available from the UK.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
The problem with those "MOD" discs is that they give you NO tech specs. Is it OAR? Is is anamorphic? I already own the crappy Image disc. Would spending $18 be an "upgrade"? :confused:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Dennis Nicholls /t/232743/any-rumors-on-the-seven-percent-solution-ever-making-it-to-dvd#post_3861926

It is OAR anamorhic. I have it and it is a very good transfer and looks great. You should be pleased with it, when you get it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have my copy and am looking forward to finding some time to watch it. I've always liked the film very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks