What's new
World Wide Stereo

Any PC Monitors w/HDMI in and out? (1 Viewer)

robert bartsch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
robert bartsch
OK so I'm trying to integrate my new media PC with my HT. At times, I will want to work on the PC and watch TV too, so I plan on buying a seperate 20-22 inch PC monitor for that purpose. My Sony TV has HDMI in and out.

My PC video card has a single HDMI out, however. The PC video card also has S video and DVI out too.

All the PC monitors I have reviewed recently on the Web, only have a single HDMI input but no HDMI out.

Question:
How do I run two monitors (1 PC and 1 TV) from a single PC with a single HDMI out; can I run one monitor w/ HDMI and another with a DVI from the same card?

Thx...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

toddm99

Auditioning
Real Name
Todd
Hi Robert. I'm looking at doing the same thing you asked. Did you ever get it to work? What did you end up doing? Thanks.

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
Just get a new video card with dual monitor support? I think that's by far the best solution.

toddm99

Auditioning
Real Name
Todd
Will there be any issues with the video card if one is a monitor and the other is a 1080p TV? Don't need them both working at the same time, just need to switch between them. Will there be problems because they are different resolutions?

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
Dual monitor cards can handle 2 monitors running different resolutions simultaneously.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks