What's new

Any other PC Engine fans out there? (1 Viewer)

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Even though it failed in the US (thanks to poor marketing by NEC), I consider the PC Engine (Turbo Grafx 16) to be one of the greatest systems of all time. Hard to believe that this system came out only a year and a half after the NES in Japan! The Japanese games were simply amazing for the time (Batman... whoa!).
Anyone else out there enjoy this system as much as I did (and still do)?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have a TG-16 and I can say that it was pretty amazing for the time. I don't remember the games I have (haven't touched it in years) but they looked pretty good and played really well for being on those tiny cards.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Steven I wouldn't say it was a failure. The TG16 was a fantastic system, had still to this day the best quality handheld and was one of the founders of cd console gaming. Blazing lasers, Bonks adventure, Timeball, Neutopia...man I could go on for a long time. :) The SNES and Genesis came a dime a dozen but to find a complete TG16 is a true treasure. Still one of my favorite systems.
Dean

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Dont get me wrong, I dont think the system was a techincal failure at all, but rather a financial failure for NEC.

James D S

Screenwriter
Count me among the fans of this system. I still own a TG16 and fire it up on occasion. Some of that stuff was way ahead of its time.

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator
I had the TurboCD. If you ever played "Y's", you know the sound in that game is breathtaking. I still have my "Y's" cd and play it on my PC using an emulator called MagicEngine.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have heard good things about Y's and the whole series. I hope that someone starts taking games from old consoles (like Phantasy Star and Ys) and starts releasing all of them on discs for PC or one of the next-gen consoles. I don't care if they don't have spiffy graphics, just so long as the games are playable.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
One title makes the PC Engine worth owning:
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood
There are a lot more titles out there that are excellent, but damn Dracula X: Rondo of Blood just rules.

Steven K

Supporting Actor
Kelley speaks the truth! Dracula X is, in my opinion, the best Castlevania game ever made for any system. Good luck trying to find a copy now for under $100.
Other notables:
Genka Fukei Densetsu Sapphire- AKA just "Sapphire," its one of the rarest games out there and usually fetches $300+.
Hot Blooded High School Dodgeball
SF2:CE (with a 6 button controller, of course)!
R-Type I and II

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks