What's new

Any Kia owners? (1 Viewer)

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Looking at possibly buying a new 2002 Kia Sedona (minivan). Any input on Kia in general or the Sedona specifically is very much appreciated. I realize Kia had a very bad reputation a few years ago, but am wondering if their recent success has helped improve their quality...?

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Andrew,

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, I have yet to find a negative review of the Sedona from a professional source. There are quite a few Kia hate-pages on the internet, but most of what I have seen is directed at 1997-1999 models. The Sedona is 2002, so I am wondering if maybe things have improved since Hyundai bought them.

Anyone else have feedback for me? If so, thanks in advance!

Stephen L

Second Unit
Jason , my wife and I saw the Sedona last November in Boston and came away impressed. Although I haven't driven one , the build of the Sedona seemed quality .The only two minivans we liked were the Honda Odessy and the Kia , big $$$ diference between the two. Honda's van was incredible with its disapearing 3rd row ,with the Sedona the 3rd row folds up iand straps to the back for the 2nd set of seats.Seats were comfy , gas mileage seemed low though.After much talk my wife decided she wanted a Nissan Altima or Toyota Camry , we go looking for minivans and come away looking for something else. BTW one of the things that Hyundai was attracted to Kia was their minivan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks