What's new

Any Canadians here get Maclean's magazine(Sept 24th issue)? (1 Viewer)

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
We get a free copy of Macleans here at work, and this weeks issue, of course, dealt with the tragic events in the US. There's one image on page 13 that is disturbing the hell out of me. If it's what I think, I can't believe they would print such an image. I'm not going to describe what I think I see, but if anyone else has seen this issue, look at the top of the remaining building facade on page 13, and tell me I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing
frown.gif

Marc.
[Edited last by Marc Carra on September 20, 2001 at 02:53 PM]

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Any chance you can write up a description inside spoiler tags?
------------------
Max Leung

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I can't find a copy of Maclean's in my local grocery store. Anyways, on the night of the attack, I saw a picture of a man falling head-first after he jumped from the top of the building. It was a close-up shot, obviously with a high-quality camera and an amazingly skilled photographer. Seeing the man's very calm, almost serene face really freaked me out. I can't imagine how his family would feel if they stumbled upon that picture...
A friend forwarded me the link to the picture (CNN's website?), which I believe was part of a long slideshow of the carnage. Extremely disturbing stuff indeed.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I think I saw that in a local paper the day after... I don't think I need to see it again, seriously. Out of all the large blowups and wide-angle shots of the WTC, that one picture really brought the whole horrible event home and made it personal. You are actually seeing somebody's final moments. Imagine being this person's family and seeing your father/husband like this? The picture that I saw before I had to turn the page, it was so closeup you could probably identify him if you knew him... It was too disturbing for me and I quickly turned the page.
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
someone else posted a link to Link Removed which had several high quality close up photographs, one of which had a man falling from the building (in perfect pike position, mind you) and had his hands in praying position. You could easily see his facial features, if i remember correctly...
One theory.. while I'm sure that SOME people were jumping... not all people that were supposedly falling out of the building. The initial explosion of the plane hitting the building would have created a massive push of air that would have forced a lot of people out the windows... (correct?) Thats what most of the 'jumpers' were caused by I think..
------------------
I AM CANADIAN!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I've found that all of the images with people jumping have disturbed me the most. The last thing I need to see is a closeup!!
Although I amke check it out when I go back to work on Monday
LL cool B

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
It's not falling people(which is also incredibly tastless to publish in papers/mags) The shot was taken after the building collapsed and the dust settled.
Here is what the Macleans picture looks like to me (and others who have seen it) :
Spoiler:The image shows the metal facade that remains standing. The upper edge of the facade is streaked with red along almost the entire length. You can see bits of clothing and such. It appears that when the building collapsed, this remaining portion caught many of the falling victims. If this is indeed what the picture is showing, it's extremely bad taste for Macleans to publish the photo.
Marc.
[Edited last by Marc Carra on September 22, 2001 at 12:34 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks