What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The MCU enters Phase Five with Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, now available on 4K UHD Blu-ray from Walt Disney Home Entertainment.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

Released: 17 Feb 2023
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 124 min

Director: Peyton Reed
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy

Cast: Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas
Writer(s): Jeff Loveness, Stan Lee, Larry Lieber

Plot: Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne are dragged into the Quantum Realm, along with Hope's parents and Scott's daughter Cassie. Together they must find a way to escape, but what secrets is Hope's mother hiding? And who is the mysterious K...

IMDB rating: 6.2
MetaScore: 48

Disc Information

Studio: Disney
Distributed By: N/A...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Your feelings here mirror my own in many ways. I think the first two Ant-Man movies had a really unique identity within the Marvel canon, combining Paul Rudd’s winning charisma with the action/comedy vernacular of a heist movie, and I think where this film missteps is in eschewing that template and tone. Pretty much everything that made the prior two films noteworthy and special is absent here, by design. The first two Ant-Man films did things that really wouldn’t happen anywhere else in the MCU, whereas this could have been any MCU film. Taking Rudd out of the writer’s seat was probably a conceptual error from the start.

yamato72

Agent
Real Name
Marc Fenneuff
We started watching this on D+ last night and after the first couple scenes I already have the sense that it's gonna be a chore to get through. Kind of like Pirates of the Caribbean 4. Or 3, for that matter.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
You know, I watched this over the weekend and enjoyed it. I agree that the unique form the Ant-Man films had in the first two films was sorely missed, and while the quantum space was visually 'cool' I missed seeing Scott/Ant-Man doing his thing out in the real world. Lots to enjoy about the film and I found the visual effects much better than expected based on all the hubbub when the film was released theatrically. Still, I was entertained and found Jonathan Majors utterly compelling as the big bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks