What's new

Another WWYD Question (1 Viewer)

Dave Nibeck

Stunt Coordinator
TV Repair guy just left indicating that my 10 year old Mitsu 63" RPTV needs about $500 of work. This, of course, is a rough estimate and it cost me $100 to get it. It was calibrated by Greg Loewen.

My room is appox 13 x 20 with a viewing distance of 14 feet. There is one sliding door with reflective film and curtains but the room still gets a fair amount of light during the day. The walls are painted a deep red. Theater seating. The room in multi-purpose.

Mostly used for HDTV - cable, non-HD DVD (future upgrade), Xbox 360 and football.

I don't think I am going to have my old set fixed and am considering the following options:

Mitsu 73 DLP. Anyone build a flexi rack for something this big? I have a good lead on one of these.

or

Epson Home Cinema 1080 w/100" Cinegrey screen, mount. About the same price.

or

Epson Cinema 720 w/same screen, mount PLUS a free bulb. About $1,000 cheaper than the first two options.

I am really leaning toward the 720 as this will allow a HD DVD upgrade.

This room gets a lot of use. Mostly at night. I have never owned a FP and am concerned about ambient light.

I would like to keep my budget - including HDDVD (probably go PS3) to $3,000 ish.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi Dave
sorry to hear about your loss. Please make sure I am notified about the funeral arrangements.
the epson is a sweet little unit.
$3 k budget ? hmm
if ambient light is truly an issue go with the RPTV - Mits or Sammy. If you can control it...go big!!! as front projector is truly amazing (relating to size).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks