ANOTHER Star Wars Trilogy (Trilogies?) DVD release on 11/04/08...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MielR, Aug 21, 2008.

1. MielR

MielR Advanced Member

MielR
    The most recent releases (in '06) didn't just contain the theatrical cuts- they contained the '04 SE discs as well. This upcoming release (apparently) will be those same '06 sets, only all boxed together.

2. Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin Cinematographer

There's nothing "limited" about those 2006 releases, as they are easily found in any store for around $13 each. At the time, they were advertised in the same way as some of the Disney movies that are pulled from shelves after a time period. Didn't happen with these.

3. MielR

MielR Advanced Member

MielR
    Has anyone purchased the Original Trilogy set? I'm trying to confirm that the original, non-anamorphic discs are identical to the 2006 releases.

4. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor
    Supporter

5. MielR

MielR Advanced Member

MielR
    "Unfortunately, these are still the same old non-anamorphic transfers. They look great (and are light years better than my fullscreen VHS tapes), but how much effort does it take to enhance these films for widescreen televisions?"

LOL! That person must have been living in an underground tunnel for the last 2+ years! [​IMG]

We knew they were going to still be non-anamorphic, but I want to know if the discs are identical (still containing the Lego demos).

If the Lego demos aren't on these discs, that will affect compression somewhat, I imagine.