What's new
World Wide Stereo

Amp to use for TC Sounds LMS5400? (1 Viewer)

Tyler Cookson

Stunt Coordinator
I plan on purchasing an LMS5400 for an upcoming home theater project, and I am looking to give it 2-3k watts. I can either have a 1-ohm or 4-ohm load and looking to spend $1000-$1500 on the amplifier. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tyler Cookson

Stunt Coordinator
yeah that seems great for my application, but it says its built for portable PA systems. The amp will give real good clean sound for a subwoofer of that caliber?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Absolutely. There's already one XTi user with TC-3000's - link.

A lot of people use pro amps to power these massive subs. I'm using a Behringer EP-2500 to run a pair of TC-3000's (1,000w x2 @ 2 ohms). Amps from Crown, Behringer, QSC and a few others provide massive power for a great price. The only drawback is the fan noise. I'm running a resistor on my fan to slow it down. Others have installed quiet Panaflo fans. Or you can mount it in a equipment closet.

-Robert

Tyler Cookson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the advice and link Robert, I'll probably end up with that XTI 4000. I saw them for around $800 shipped from power sellers on ebay, know of any other good websites to order from?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just check the warranty and make sure they are an authorized dealer. I purchased my Behringer equipment from Muscian's Friend. ZZZ Sound is another site that sells pro audio equipment.

-Robert

Adam

Stunt Coordinator
Also,

In your price range is the QSC PLX series amps. Or, If you can find a used Crown CE4000. I heard these are great for large amounts of clean power and the power supply has compensation for dips in your line power. So they will put out thousands of watts even if you AC line drops to 100 volts. It seems that the main difference between the higher end pro amps and the budget ones, is the power supply and how it handles dips in line power. Also, the higher end pro amps are more closely rated to their actual power.

The Behringers are still great for a good amount of power on a budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks