What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Zachary Levi portrays NFL great Kurt Warner in American Underdog, now available on Blu-ray from Lionsgate.

American Underdog (2021)

Released: 25 Dec 2021
Rated: PG
Runtime: 112 min

Director: Andrew Erwin, Jon Erwin
Genre: Biography, Drama, Sport

Cast: Zachary Levi, Anna Paquin, Hayden Zaller
Writer(s): Kurt Warner, Michael Silver, David Aaron Cohen

Plot: The story of NFL MVP and Hall of Fame quarterback Kurt Warner, who went from stocking shelves at a supermarket to becoming an American Football star.

IMDB rating: 7.4
MetaScore: 53

Disc Information

Studio: Lionsgate
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 2.39.1
Audio: Dolby Atmos...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
You like the movie waaaaay more than I do. I think it's much more of a puff piece than I guess you do.

The Warners were exec producers and it shows. Very "sanitized" view of their journey.

The leads are far too old for those parts - 40-year-old Levi as a college senior??? - and I will have nightmares for months based on the memories of the horrifying wigs they saddled poor Paquin with.

I thought "AU" was a bland "believe in your dreams" narrative. Not BAD but cliche and forgettable.

Didn't realize the directors were the same guys who made "Moms Night Out". Yeah, that was a pretty bad movie.

I do agree that they ladle on the Christian message less thick than most "faith-related" movies, and I appreciate that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks