What's new

American Dad R2 Vs R1 (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Ok So I have bought American Dad Vol 1 & 2 in England and have just bought Vol 4 in R1 are the American Dad DVDs exactly the same or are they different. Please help as deciding whether to return Vol 4 and wait til I go back to England to buy it if the episode content differs

Anyone know. according to amazon uk the episode content on R2 version is

Tearjerker (a sort of Bond parody, and one of the finest AD episodes to date)
Oedipal Panties
Widowmaker
Red October Sky
Office Spaceman
Stanny Slickers II: The Legend Of Ollie's Gold
Spring Break-up
1600 Candles
The One That Got Away
One Little Word
Choosey Wives Choose Smith
Escape From Pearl Bailey
Pulling Double Booty
The Most Adequate Christmas Ever

not sure about the episode content on the R1 version

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
no one can help me only have few days left before i cannot return it?

goteam007

Grip
Real Name
Bob
Those are the same episodes that are on the R1 set. I'm not sure if the extras are the same. The R1 set has commentaries on all the episodes and some featurettes.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
thanks thats great I just know sometimes the sets differ from region to region. Will keep this then.

ThatDonGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don Del Grande
Do the UK Season 1 and 2 sets have audio commentaries? If they do, then the UK releases should be identical to the R1 releases except perhaps for the audio languages.

(The earliest Family Guy R2 DVDs were different from the R1 releases - among other things, there were no commentaries, and I am not sure they even had the ability to jump to particular scenes from the DVD menu - but that was when there were no plans to release R1 DVDs right away. Now that they appear to make R1 and R2 releases at the same time, the layouts and content (again, except for languages, and things like the warning messages (anyone who has the first The Cleveland Show Blu-Ray set and sees the messages about not showing the episodes in prisons or on oil rigs in who knows how many different languages has some idea what pretty much every Fox R2 DVD has on it)) should be the same.)

-- Don

ThatDonGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don Del Grande
Originally Posted by goteam007

They have a cleveland show blu ray set in R2?

I don't know - I was referring to the messages on the R1 (er, "Region A" - Blu-Ray regions are different than DVD ones) Blu-Ray. However, I didn't see it available at amazon.co.uk, so I assume it doesn't exist yet.

-- Don

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsytems13
Recent bookmarks