What's new

Pre-Order Alita: Battle Angel (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (3D Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Robert Rodriguez on an Alita Sequel

“Oh yeah! I would love to come back and do that one. It was so fun. Working with Jim’s great, I thought Rosa was incredible, and the effects were just amazing, To think they would even be better by then for the sequel because they just keep evolving. Those guys at WETA are just at the top of their game. And just as a writing process, even if there isn’t a sequel, I got to see how Jim crafts his movies and stories. He outlines out several pictures just to let you know what to include in the first one and what not to include and what’s not necessary. There are so many mangas and so many places we can go that it would be pretty easy to come up with a second step.”

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
For those with deep pockets...

817Hgi91JXL._SL1500_.jpg
(click on above photo for larger photo)

81PD4eOA9jL._SL1500_.jpg

718Q33r+g1L._SL1500_.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Alita Battle Angel is available today to purchase digitally on 4-K/UHD/Dolby Vision/HDR/Dolby Atmos

$19.99 on iTunes and vudu.

Best deal is the Disc plus Digital from vudu.
$29.99 and you get the 4K/3D/Blu Ray combo on release day and you get the digital copy immediately to watch today.

I sampled it and it looks and sounds tremendous. Tons of extras too. And MA compatible.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Thanks for the heads-up Tino!

EDIT: Just checked Vudu and unless I'm missing it, there is no specific mention of 3D in the disc description, However, I assume that the 4K UHD/3D/Blu-ray/Digital combo will be the only 4K disc release that's available for this title. There will be no 4K UHD that does NOT include the 3D Blu-ray.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Thanks for the heads-up Tino!

EDIT: Just checked Vudu and unless I'm missing it, there is no specific mention of 3D in the disc description, However, I assume that the 4K UHD/3D/Blu-ray/Digital combo will be the only 4K disc release that's available for this title. There will be no 4K UHD that does NOT include the 3D Blu-ray.
Exactly.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I just picked it up, although I didn't notice that the "fine print" states "Your disc order will be fulfilled by Walmart. Expect delivery on or before 10/2/2019." That's over two MONTHS past the street date. Hopefully it'll arrive sooner.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I was tempted but ultimately decided not to. I just know that I'm not going to watch the 2D digital copy while I'm waiting for the 3D disc, so might as well wait.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I was tempted but ultimately decided not to. I just know that I'm not going to watch the 2D digital copy while I'm waiting for the 3D disc, so might as well wait.
But...but...you get an extra digital code to sell or give to a friend or even a fellow HTF member. ;)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
But...but...you get an extra digital code to sell or give to a friend or even a fellow HTF member. ;)

It's not worth it for me for this particular title - the 3D aspect is really the only part of the movie that appealed to me, and I'm not completely sure that I'm going to purchase it at all. I see on the fine print that the Vudu disc-to-digital purchase is non-refundable, and since I'm not even sure I want to own this, it's not a good move for me right now.

That said, I think Vudu's pre-orders are a great idea and I'm amazed that no other retailer (like Amazon) has jumped to compete with this service. For a 2D movie that I was definitely going to purchase on disc anyway, this would be a no-brainer.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I just picked it up, although I didn't notice that the "fine print" states "Your disc order will be fulfilled by Walmart. Expect delivery on or before 10/2/2019." That's over two MONTHS past the street date. Hopefully it'll arrive sooner.

Over on Vudu's forums they said that is an error and will correct it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegisav
Recent bookmarks