What's new

ALIAS season 4 ongoing thread (merged) (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
As much as some people wouldn't like it, Nadia as the lead would seem most reasonable as a replacement for Sydney, unless they decide to use Garner's pregnancy as a plot device. Heck, they don't even need Nadia. I wouldn't mind if Jack, Vaughn, Irina, Sloane, or others took the lead role for a few episodes.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Maybe, just maybe, angry red ball somehow impregnated Sydney when she was on the roof.

Nah, that's just silly. Almost as silly as having zombie killers take over a town in Russia, where the streets are strewn with American cars.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'm not too sure if I liked the cliffhanger. The crash sure was surprising, but the revelation seemed a bit ridiculous. Isn't it a spy story cliche for a character to come out and say "I'm not who you think I am"?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
AFAIK, they usually say that after a short period of time. Sydney has known "Vaughn" for six years. He's been fooling everyone else at APO and the CIA for that period of time as well, or maybe they're all in on it too.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Loved the ending of the ending. The "I have something to tell you" line is always cliche but the crash added a nice twist to the line rather than the fade out.

This could go anywhere from here. Remember, Irena seemed to know about it when they were talking when cutting the brake lines in the train. So there should be a tie-in somewhere in that exchange.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
I fully expect there to be some "flashback" style eps in the beginning of Season 5 to lay some memories/back story to the Vaughan.

I can see the crew w/o Sid, Nadia, or Vaughan handling things for an ep or 2 but thats about all they will allow for I think. While I firmly believe that they could handle and more lets not forget the STAR of ALIAS is Jennifer Garner plain and simple (like it or not) and thus I would not count on them letting "other characters" carry the load per se.

While I do agree with you guys about the "I'm not who you think I am I" being very trivial/cliche' would you really expect anything else?? Afterall this show is intended for the masses and not specific groups of folks like a lot of Sci-Fi shows tend to be.

Who knows where they will go, but hopefully they don't puss out on the opening of S5!!

See ya next Season

Greg

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

Can we define "everyone"? Few even know APO exists. Sloane hardly came with a clean slate to begin with. Historically speaking, Sloane's boss (Angela Basset) has been a lot more forgiving than Sid, and even Sid seems to be OK with Sloane's eventual actions.

The surprising thing to me is that the episode could have ended with him sitting behind his desk and I wouldn't have thought anything strange. I'd just have thought Sloan almost went over the edge, but pulled it together. Onwards and upwards. Alias forgives all kinds of questionable behavior for the greater good.

I guess my question is.. who exactly is pressing charges against Sloane and what, exactly, would those charges be? If none of APO reports Sloane doing anything wrong, who exactly would know? As for Irina, I accept her exit because she can't be a regular, but helping save the world is probably worth a pardon if recommended by the right people. Then she wouldn't have to go on the lam.

I think a big part of my enjoyment of the last two episodes is I really thought Lena Olin wouldn't be back on the show. As much as I enjoyed her, I was really disappointed that the business end was preventing her participation. Seeing her back on the show was like waking up to find out years ago that Michael Jordan had unretired, or what it'd be like to wake up and read a news report that George Lucas has decided to do another Star Wars movie. Not quite that scope, but similar feelings.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Through the wonders of Tivo, I actually watched the "Alias" finale immediately before I watched the "Lost" finale. The result: Two "oops, I crapped my pants" moments within ten minutes. (The car crash at the end of "Alias" and Have the makers of this show ever shied away from incorporating spy story cliches? I fully expect a villain to be holed up in an undergound volcano lair with a missle launcher next season. :)

Regards,

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Fine, everyone else. :) Director Chase and the people at APO. He's being kept in jail as a precautionary measure until everything is straightened out.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Well, they certainly pulled that Vaughn plot device out of their backsides. They're into diminishing returns, X-Files territory. :thumbsdown: I won't be tuning in to Alias next season.

Later, gators! :)

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
Does anyone have episodes 20 ("The Descent") and 21 ("Search And Rescue") on tape or dvd? For some reason my tivo doesn't have these episodes.

(Admin note - if you can help, please do so offline via email or PM)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
That's the J.J. Abrams signature style. Our household just instituted a ban on everything Abrams. Seriously.

M.

John_VI

Second Unit
Overall I thought the season was kinda lame. Way too much "completely inconceivably ridiculous BS" storylines to suite me....but I still watched. I, for one, hope that Rimbaldi goes away for good. But I know better....

And if Vaughn isn't Vaughn, then is he also NOT Bill Vaughn's son? Or is he the son of the man who CALLED himself Bill Vaughn? Becuase if he's not Bill Vaughn's son, why was he so hell-bent on finding his father a few ep's back? There HAS to be some closure on this story line, or I'm going to be REALLY pissed.

I watched the ep in my basement while enjoying a cigar, while my wife was upstairs watching TIVO'ed episodes of Oprah, The View and Dr. Phil (now you know why I go to the basement!!). She actually came downstairs to see why I had yelled, "FUCK!" at approximately 10:58PM on Wednesday night. So I went back upstairs with her and - after a minute to explain what had happened during the first 55 minutes of the ep - showed her the last five minutes of the ep on the TIVO. Her reaction was just as loud (although not quite as vulgar) as mine.

Great job on the closing scene!

John_VI

Second Unit
Just had an interesting thought. Perhaps Michael Vaughn really IS Bill Vaughn, who was obviously never killed by Irena, and went on his mad search for his father to insure that any lingering evidence stayed covered up. Hmmmmm...

But that doesn't make him Milo Rimbaldi. But perhaps Rimbaldi's ultimate end-game was not the pacification of the masses, but the fountain of youth. And Bill Vaughn figured it out.

Remember when Bill Vaughn's former cohort (the black actor who played Shaft, damned if I can remember his name right now) told Vaughn that he was the spitting image of his father? Well, maybe that's because Vaughn and his father are the same person. Hmmmm.....

It's almost as interesting and unbelievable a story line as the mad scientist bent on world domination hiding out in his super-techno lair under the volcano while perfecting his death-ray-cold-fusion-Rimbaldi-inspired-missle-from-hell.

Damn, can't wait for next season. But they better not screw it up....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, that would turn the meaning of "alias" on its side if Michael was really Bill Vaughn. Of course, Michael's had a complicated history these past 3 seasons, and would Bill get himself into all those situations (especially the Lauren one)?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Even Felicity reruns? :)

I do know what you mean. I think this guy is getting a bit of a swelled head and he IS known for creating shows that are great and then leaving them with other people to oversee.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
First of all, great finale! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Secondly, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this, but this new twist might actually facilitate writing in Garner's pregnancy rather than covering it up. This new revelation might be just the type of thing that could drive a wedge between Syd and Vaughn, which would be interestingly complicated by a pregnancy. They could buy time to devise a reasonable plan for Nadia to recover, and voila! New direction!

(Hey, I like to wildly speculate!) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks