What's new

Alias Season 1 (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I just finished Season one and I have to say that I love the show. One complaint, As long as I can remember friends and family who watched this show kept telling me that season 1 ended with a HUGE cliffhanger, and although I thought it was a pretty good cliffhanger, I didn't think it was as HUGE as it had been made out to be. I sort of predicted that would happen at the end of that episode.... still a damn good episode!

Oh well. I still love the show and can't wait to get to S2. I must say that I am not so thrilled about S3 after hearing everything people have said about it on here and through my friends.

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
I have a question about the season 1 DVD, specifially disc one. I rented it from Netflix and both the envelope and the website say that it should have four episodes on the disc. When I put the disc in there are only three. Is it a misprint on Netflix's part? Or is it hidden somewhere? I'll be damned if I can find it. The disc has the first three in order and that's it. Thanks for any help!

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Since the pilot is approximately the length of 1.5 episodes, since it aired without commercials, there are 3 episodes on Discs 1 & 6 of Season 1. The other sets all have four episodes per disc with two episodes on the final disc.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

I wonder if Lanie went on to watch Season 3 and Season 4?

I think if you get hooked on any TV show that you should give every season a try until YOU decide you don't care for the show anymore because everyone's taste is different. I just had this conversation with a friend last night. I watched Season 1 of "24" and absolutely loved it! Gobbled up all 24 episodes in less than a week. But in the middle of Season 2 I got bored and never went back to watching the show again. And I know there are people who absolutely love every Season of "24" and would think I'm nuts. Like I said, it's all a matter of personal perference. I sure hope you did give them a try. Personally, I wasn't that impressed with Season 3 or Season 4 of "Alias" either but I still like the show.

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
Loved S1 and most of S2. Enjoyed S3 but I think I'm done with it. There's a sharp dropoff here, and from what I've heard and read, there's not much of a rebound in S4. So I'm taking a pass.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be the first to say that Alias: Season Four wasn't their best year but if you liked the show in its first few years, I think Season Four is worth renting just to give it a try.

If you just go by message boards and all that, everything sucks since it seems like no one on the internet likes anything. How many times do you see someone talking about a show and they say "The first season was amazing but it sucks now"? It's getting to the point where people are gonna say "The opening shot of the pilot was awesome but it sucked after that!" :)

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
I'd rather try something new, though, than something that by all indications is a tired, uninspired retread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks