What's new

Akira Ifukube R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
Japanese composer Akira Ifukube passed away yesterday at the age of 91. Along with Miklos Rosza, he was my all time favourite film composer. He provided the music for a vast number of films during his long career, notably dozens of Toho's sci-fi productions ( many Godzillas, The Mysterians, Rodan, Atragon etc... ) and in addition to this he also composed many fantastic stand alone symphonic pieces, some of which are absolutely wonderful.
I've been a big fan of his work since I saw 'Destroy All Monsters' as a kid and spent the guts of my late teens and early twenties trying to track down as many of his CDs as I possibly could. It wasn't until I discovered the internet that I finally managed to import most of his material. It's an awful shame his stuff is so hard to find in the west.
R.I.P. Ifukube san - I'll be giving the Godzilla soundtrack a spin tonight. :frowning:

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
He was the one that wrote the soundtrack to the original Gojira movie? That was an awesome soundtrack! :emoji_thumbsup:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I regularly listen to his Toho film scores. Ther are magnificent and he will be sorely missed.

RIP.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
My favorite film composer after John Williams
RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks