What's new

Advice based on my listed requirements (1 Viewer)

Stan Welks

Stunt Coordinator
I want to buy a new display device in the next 1.5 months, not sure yet whether it will be an LCD or Plasma.

I will use it with the following devices:
- an Xbox 360 or PS3
- Blu-Ray player
- AppleTV
- Denon AVR-3808CI

I would also like to use it to play video either directly from both of the cameras listed below or hopefully Blu-Ray (when Blu-Ray burners are supported more on a mac).

Panasonic HVX-200 video camera that shoots 1080p
Learn about Panasonic's AG-HVX200 - 1/3" 3-CCD 16:9 HD/DVCPRO/DV Cinema P2 Camera with CineSwitchTM Technology, CineGammaTM Software and IEEE 1394 Interface.

Panasonic-HDC-SD1 AVCHD Video Camera that shoots 1920x1080
Panasonic HDC-SD1 Camcorder Review - Panasonic Flash Memory Camcorders

Based on what I listed above, can anyone recommend either an LCD or Plasma for $2,500 or less? I am interested in quality above all else, and not really into the gimmick features I am seeing like built in internet, etc.

Thanks!!!!

pat00139

Agent
Real Name
Pat Pilon
Panasonic plasmas. Depending on the size you want, maybe the 50PZ800, which I heard was on sale for $2400 in some places.

The reason I say that is that is has an excellent picture quality, and has a side SD card slot on for easy access for both your cameras. It's also got tons of other video inputs, like an HDMI on the side, if you want to plug your camcorders directly to your TV. Other inputs aren't too important because you're using a receiver.

If you've got the money, go for a Pioneer PDP-5080 (or even the PRO-1150), but otherwise go for the Panasonic. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks