What's new

Ace Ventura Deluxe Double Feature - 9/5 (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I thought the video looked pretty decent, although it was soft in some places. All in all though, it's the best I've ever seen this film. Audio was good, but since it's a comedy, there aren't too many scenes to show off your speakers. What was there sounded clean and free of any hiss. A bit much to include a DTS track, but it was a pleasant surprise. $14.99 is a great price for these 2 movies.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
Picked this up last. I just CAN'T believe they didn't finally include the deleted scenes for Ace 1 on this re-release. For shame WB. :frowning:

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Got it today at BB for $12.99 which is a great deal for a 3-disc set(even though I'll probably never even watch the cartoon disc).

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Maybe the DTS track took all the extra room that would have been for the deleted scenes and other extras :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I just noticed that too. The boxes proudly proclaim "Soundtrack remastered in Dolby Digital" with absolutely no mention of the DTS soundtrack. I wonder if the DTS one is not remastered, whatever that could mean?

In any case, I'm glad to finally have an anamorphic OAR presentation of Ace Ventura. This was one of the longest hold-offs I did based on the principle of not buying non-OAR DVDs. My wait is finally over!

Looo-hooo-s-heer!

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
They could've at least left the dolphin scene as an extra. I always loved that scene...

Maybe they tossed it on there as an Easter Egg....

I can dream can't I?

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't had time to watch the films completely, but they looked FANTASTIC from the previewing I did. I wish we had the deleted scenes and I CAN NOT believe that the dolphin trainer bit isn't on this, but I'm very glad I picked this up. But I'm glad I kept the Full Screen original to have the dolphin trainer scene on DVD.

Highly recommended upgrade here. Should have included some special features, but for the price, the picture and audio quality is well worth it.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
jonathan, the full screen DVD has the dolphin trainer scene in the movie or as an extra. Heck if it has it, I will try to pick it up somewhere.

Bob Spears

Stunt Coordinator
It is a no-buy without the dolphin trainer scene. That is Carrey's finest moment as an actor. Seriously!

David M.

Agent
Anyone else heard that Warner Bros. delayed the title for Canadian consumers? I checked a couple of stores Tuesday and again today only to find its coming out Sept. 19th.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Hey, if anyone wants to unload their FS copy of Ace Ventura: Pet Detective at a discount price, PM me!

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

I thought they looked the best I've ever seen them, but seemed a little grainy to me. Not complaining a bit though...just happy they are finally available in widescreen!

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Having now seen this scene I can understand why it was cut. It's long and not very funny. Not Ace Ventura.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I wonder if the Dolphin trainer scene will be included in the high-def release, assuming one will be available at some point.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
For this price, I'm glad I picked it up. It's worth it for the first movie alone. Dunno that I will ever watch the other two discs, but with the first movie finally in widescreen and DTS, I'm pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks