What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

About Edgar Winter Band's Frankenstein (1 Viewer)

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know where you can find the 14 minute version of this song? The song came on in work the other day, and one of my co-workers told me about the "extended, every solo imaginable"-14 minute version of this song. I found evidence of it online, but I can't seem to find any info about where to get the actual version of this song anywhere.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I will have to look, but I have an original US LP from when this came out, and I don't think the version on the LP is that long, nor is the regular CD.

I did here a live version on XM, and they told me it was on a CD called "Live in Japan". Not sure that its 14 minutes there either, but it was a smokin' version, and I mean to track it down.

BGL

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Yes, the re-released single of the b-side of Hangin' Around was a 3:30 butcher job. Not sure of the total time on the b-side of Hangin' Around. I have the lp and cd, I will check times.

Many live versions run up and over 20 minutes. Maybe your friend heard one of these versions.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys. I'm going back into work this afternoon, and will be sure to ask more questions. Thanks to you 2, I know what to ask.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
i remember seeing edgar winter on a tv show back in the early 90's called jonathon brandmeier on the loose the version of frankenstein he did on that show ran between 8-12 minutes in length as i recall

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks