What's new
World Wide Stereo

A1 vs. XA2 (1 Viewer)

I am looking to upgrade from my Tosh A1 to an XA2, mostly because the XA2 has HDMI 1.3 and 1080p. Is the XA2 as godawfully glitchy as the A1 (w/ v2.0 firmware)? The A1 has been the absolute worst piece of electronics I have ever owned. It constantly freezes (and I have to unplug it and plug it back in), sometimes I have to put a disc in two or three times before it will boot. And the stupid thing takes an eternity to boot up and process a disc! My father has one and it won't even read some of his discs.

So, what's the scoop. Is the XA2 an operationally better unit than the A1? Also, will the XA2 pass 5.1 Dolby TrueHD and 5.1 Dolby Digital-Plus bitstreams via HDMI to be decoded by an external decoder?

728x90

redbullet

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave

I just bought the A2 and right out of the box it blows away the crappy A1 , time will tell for sure

f1nuts

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jason cottee
the xa2 rocks !!!...i am yet to find anything bad to say about this new unit ...simple ...get one !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks