What's new

International A PLACE IN THE SUN coming to Blu-ray from Imprint Films! (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Finally! A Place in the Sun will be released on Blu-ray from Imprint Films in Australia!

IMPRINT FILMS ANNOUNCEMENT #3: A Place in the Sun (1951)

Montgomery Clift stars as George Eastman, a poor young man determined to win a place in respectable society and the heart of a beautiful socialite (Elizabeth Taylor). Shelley Winters plays the factory girl whose dark secret threatens Eastman's professional and romantic prospects.

1590121969373.png

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
ViaVision rep seemed to promise they'd be Region Free when the line was first announced,.
As a general rule Paramount property has been nearly 100% Region Free before (often using the exact discs across regions)
Deep Discount doesn't sell a lot of Region B locked though that's not 100% reliable.

Until someone actually tests the 1st batches, we're going on promises, but .......
SOme of the AUS should be getting discs within a few days so they should check them soon and at least have an answer on teh 1st Wave

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Here are the specs. I'm pleased they've been able to include the "George Stevens and His Place in the Sun" featurette. It marked the only time Elizabeth Taylor participated in bonus material for a DVD of one of her films.

• 1080p presentation taken from the latest 4K restoration of the film
• Audio commentary with George Stevens Jr. and associate producer Ivan Moffat
• “George Stevens and His Place in the Sun” featurette
• “George Stevens: The Filmmakers Who Knew Him” – Warren Beatty, Frank Capra, and others reminisce about working with Stevens
• English Dolby Digital 5.1
• Theatrical Trailer
• Limited Edition slipcase on the first 1000 copies

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
i knew it, if this came out anywhere in the world, you would be the first to chime in, the question my friend, is what becomes your next grail title now?

Thanks, Dana! :) I still carry a torch for Raintree County, but next up for me would be National Velvet. Although WAC hasn't released many three-strip Technicolor films, I think it's a likely candidate for release due to its popularity (this was probably fifteen years ago, but Warners said during a chat here that it was a big seller for them... obviously times have changed, but this should still work in its favour) and the fact that there isn't an HD master. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Finally! A Place in the Sun will be released on Blu-ray from Imprint Films in Australia!

View attachment 73003

Thanks for this great heads-up, Andrew... and Congratulations!

Delighted to see that in addition to this, which I’ve also been waiting on for years, they are also releasing When Worlds Collide, another of my most hoped-for titles on Blu.

I’ve just added a new thread with all five titles:

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
i know, but why limit yourself to just National Velvet, i want Lassie Come Home as well, presented as best as possible

I'd love to see Lassie Come Home! I think that one, along with Little Women and Ivanhoe, two other Technicolor films she made at MGM, might have a shot. Another holy grail release would be Ash Wednesday. I thought it would be ideal for Kino, as they are (were?) releasing Paramount films that never had a DVD release, but apparently there's a rights issue with that one. I hope it can be resolved.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'd love to see Lassie Come Home! I think that one, along with Little Women and Ivanhoe, two other Technicolor films she made at MGM, might have a shot. Another holy grail release would be Ash Wednesday. I thought it would be ideal for Kino, as they are (were?) releasing Paramount films that never had a DVD release, but apparently there's a rights issue with that one. I hope it can be resolved.
The HD transfer for Little Women at iTunes is gorgeous. It would look STUNNING on Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks