What's new

A Northeast Meet - NEW ENGLAND !!! (1 Viewer)

Rob, I don't know if Ralph can accomodate your speakers, but I for one am really interested in hearing the Adire DIY speakers.

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Well things happened at home for the better this weekend :)
Originally my wife wanted to put off the HT project for a few months to get the living room and bathrooms done. Well we just happened to walk into a great sale on furniture this weekend. So we got a new sofa, love seat etc. for the HT. It's being delivered on 10/25 so she's now putting this room into high gear - projector setup and all :D
Depending on how many people want to travel to Haddam, CT I could possibly put something together in Nov. I certainly don't want to compete w/ anyone else in the area so I fully support wherever the best place and time to host this event.

I say the more the merrier, Rob. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any reason that there can't be more than one gathering. Inevitably there will be some people who can't make one date but can make another.

Lincoln

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Sorry guys, I've been holding off on further details because of an impending project of my own. We've been waiting to hear from our contractor for about three months and I was convinced he had forgot about us. Well he called this weekend and it looks like we will be tearing apart the kitchen in the next few weeks. I may have to hold off a meet at my home for a while, and I apologize. I would still be interested in travelling.

Ralph

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Well it looks like my house might be best now. Let me see how things are going w/ the HT project in the coming week. Probably mid-November would be best.

How many are interested?

Rob

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I just about have the HT done. What a long weekend....

Anyway - I have 2 dates that I could probably make happen for a meet: Nov 23rd or Dec 7th.

If there is more interest in January that looks free right now for almost any weekend.

Please let me know soon if you're intersted and when and also how many people you would be bringing.

Rob Lloyd

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Those dates sound fine to me. January works too. Might get us out of the post Holiday doldrums.

Glad to hear the HT is coming along. Any progress pics yet?

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I'll have some pics soon. Just waiting until I get the screen up and the projector calibrated. Right now it looks fantastic on a yellowish wall. Can't wait to see it on a real screen!

Rob

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
did somebody mention calibration??? Perhaps I may be of assistance :b

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Gregg - I did mention it more of as a DIY thing. I don't think I can afford your services at this point.
I have a Hitachi 5500 projector that does need some tweaking but I need to get a screen up 1st. The yellow wall while it still looks fantastic (or I'm still just wowed at the screen size) I'm sure will look even better with a light gray one.

You interested in attending?

Rob

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Absolutely, Nov wont work. Early December is a definate possibility.
BTW, I cant bear to watch a flick on a non calibrated system, so you will have to provide the pizza ;)
Gregg

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Gregg - I'm sure we can do better than pizza!

So that's 3 people interested so far. Anyone else?

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks