What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Edge of Seventeen -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The one-sheet tag line for freshman director Kelly Fremon Craig's The Edge of Seventeen, says it beautifully.

"You're only young once... is it over yet?"

This is a sweet film, about the trials, tribulations and pain, of hitting adulthood. It's a coming-of-age tale told with humor and pathos.

I was hesitant about this film. Would it be one of the teen dramas that leave you thinking that you've just lost two hours of your life?

Nope. Anything but, and almost as if Ms Craig is channeling the best of the teen angst favorites since James Dean -- John Hughes.

Bottom line, if you've a penchant for teen dramadies, this one is worthy of your time.

Hailee Steinfeld is the lead, supported by Haley Lu Richardson (Split), Blake Jenner, Kyra Sedgwick and Wood Harrelson and Hayden Szeto.

The Catholic News Service has found the film to be "morally offensive."

Be warned.

One would presume this was shot digitally, which means that the Blu-ray should be a match.

Beautiful quality. Zero problems.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (DTS-HD MA 7.1)

4k Up-rez - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I gave 'The Edge of Seventeen' 5 out of 5 stars when we saw it last year. We've already got it scheduled for the Booth Bijou Garage Theater on Feb 18 (being shown with 'Arrival'). We "sold out" the showing in about 4 hours.

Mark

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I loved this film when I saw it in theaters, but it's a little bit TOO dead on for me to want to revisit it. There were moments that were almost viscerally searing, conjuring up acute unpleasant memories of my own from when I was that age.

Don't quote me but I don't think it's in the movie.
It's not, but the movie is named after the Stevie Nicks song. The original title was "Besties".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks