What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ It Happened One Night -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
bruceames said:
I guess if you don't have the DVD, then sure, whatever. I'm disappointed they dropped the commentary since that does affect the presentation. I wouldn't want to rewatch the DVD for that. But a radio show is not going to be improved by having it on Blu-ray. That was MY point.

In a way I'm kinda glad the DVD still serves a purpose, since it is part of a box set that I'll probably never get rid of (and even if I did I would get next to nothing for it anyway).
Vinyl records used to be mostly worthless, too. Now they're $30.

zoetmb

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brooks
davidmatychuk said:
Vinyl records used to be mostly worthless, too. Now they're $30.
New pressings at retail, yes. Old pressings, unless it's an extreme rarity, like a still shrink-wrapped mono version of an album that was supposedly only released in stereo with the pink label when all the known copies had a blue label, aren't worth anything. There are over 1 million LPs available on eBay and most of them are under $5, many for only 50 cents and most never get a single bid.

Only some of the rare independent stuff in which very few copies were pressed go for any real money.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
zoetmb said:
New pressings at retail, yes. Old pressings, unless it's an extreme rarity, like a still shrink-wrapped mono version of an album that was supposedly only released in stereo with the pink label when all the known copies had a blue label, aren't worth anything. There are over 1 million LPs available on eBay and most of them are under $5, many for only 50 cents and most never get a single bid.

Only some of the rare independent stuff in which very few copies were pressed go for any real money.
True, perhaps, but optical discs don't really get "old". A Blu-Ray in 2014 will be the same disc in 2034, newly-pressed or not. Actually, most record stores here in Vancouver do charge premium prices for old LP's too. I keep getting great CD's from these places for absurdly low prices. I just like hard copies, on a shelf, in my collection, where I can enjoy them whenever I like without wondering if and when the digital tap might get turned off.

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks