What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Inferno -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
If one hasn't seen enough of Tom Hanks, along with others, running through the streets, caverns, and cisterns of beautiful European locations in The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, you'll be thrilled that the story continues in Inferno -- now alongside Felicity Jones, whose career continues on an upswing.

Inferno was shot with an Alexa and a Red Epic Dragon (6k), and Sony has given us a lovely up-rez from the 2k data files. The resultant 4k Blu-ray, both looks and sounds spectacular.

Inferno is a fun continuation of the series, which began a decade ago. All three films have Ron Howard at the helm.

While those who take delight in trying to figure out the clues and colorful herrings along the will enjoy the third romp, others may find it becoming a bit tiresome.

I landed right in the center.

An entertaining film, and a beautiful 4k UHD release, for which the now presumed necessary, HDR is gently handled.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Recommended

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

Reactions: PMF

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched this tonight. The least interesting of the series for me, and I had no trouble guessing some of the big surprises. Still, I do enjoy this kind of treasure hunt/caper thriller, so I didn't regret purchasing a used UHD set from an Amazon Marketplace seller for $10.

The UHD color scheme seemed a little brown to me. I didn't see it in the theater, and that may well have been the intent. Certainly sharpness and nice use of HDR made for a very enjoyable visual experience. Sound was terrific.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I watched this tonight. The least interesting of the series for me, and I had no trouble guessing some of the big surprises. Still, I do enjoy this kind of treasure hunt/caper thriller, so I didn't regret purchasing a used UHD set from an Amazon Marketplace seller for $10.

The UHD color scheme seemed a little brown to me. I didn't see it in the theater, and that may well have been the intent. Certainly sharpness and nice use of HDR made for a very enjoyable visual experience. Sound was terrific.
Same here, least of the series. Partly because Dan Brown's formula is repetitive. Something bad happens, only symbologist Robert Langdon can prevent further calamity by solving a string of puzzles. There you, go the whole movie revealed.

I love Tom Hanks movies, but this one, NOT.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yeah I was really disappointed by this entry.
It seemed very messy to me. And predictable. Looked sumptuous tho. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks