What's new

Blu-ray Review A Few Words About A few words about…™ Double Walker – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
If the names Sylvie Mix and Colin West are unknown to you, it would be understandable. Until yesterday, they were to me.

Kino has released a little film entitled Double Walker on Blu-ray. It seems to have arrived on the earth less than two months ago, and it may be direct to video.

Double Walker is not an easy film to watch, or enjoy.

The screenplay leaves us with more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese. And this may be intentional.

At it's more basic level, it's a ghost story - Ms Mix plays the ghost - and she seems to be set out to correct the ills of the world, finding and killing those responsible for her demise, as well as other nasty deeds.

Generally, all genre films that create some sort of world, create the parameters and rules by which that world exists.

Example:

In any normal vampire film, we know about mirrors, garlic, the ability to change into a bat (or what have you).

In any normal ghost story, the living either can or cannot normally see them. Most seem to be of a translucent nature. Do ghosts age?

Not here.

We're never really certain who can (or can't) see Sylvie. Time seems to jump back and forth, and the viewer is never totally certain as to what's going on. At least possibly until the final third of the film, which would mean around 24 minutes - the entire film is 71, quite akin to the Universal classics.

I don't want to say more, as I don't want to ruin the mental gymnastics that potential viewers will be forced top face - and I don't mean that in a negative way, as there's something here.

I'm just not certain (beyond Ms Mix's superb performance) what it is.

As a Blu-ray disc, it teaches the lesson, once again, that we don't need 4k or HDR to create a gorgeous image on screen. Double Walker is beautiful.

All of this noted, I wanted to bring this very independent work to readers attentions. I'm not recommending, merely making note, and wondering what wonderful treat Ms Mix has up her creative sleeve to spring upon us next.

I hope she does.

Image – 5

Audio – 5 (DTD-HD MA 5.1)

Pass / Fail – Pass

RAH

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Sounds fascinating. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I will keep my eye out for it. Inspiration can appear in the strangest places, and even change your perspective on things, and by extension, your life. I know that's why I watch movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks