What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Nothing Sacred -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
You should be able to score this title for $14.40 (pre tax) when it streets Tuesday, from B&N.com with the use of one of the numerous 20% off coupons floating around. If you are a member, you won't have to pay shipping, otherwise there is a $25 minimum to get free shipping. There is a 40% off sale going on this week, so it shouldn't be too hard to find something else to toss in the cart.
This looks like the last thing I will be ordering this year. It will be nice to see it again after all these years, in a presentation that's finally worth a damn.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
So, exciting news!

The Capitol Theater in Rome, NY will be showing the 35mm Disney restoration at their Capitolfest this coming August!

http://www.romecapitol.com/capitolfest.html

I'd love to go...as I can't imagine we're going to see this on home video any time soon (it's only been 14 years!)

The Capitol even uses carbon arc lamps!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I've been to the Capitol many times.
With carbon arc, good operators and an original installation Moller organ, it's a must for any classic film fan!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Will Krupp said:
So, exciting news!

The Capitol Theater in Rome, NY will be showing the 35mm Disney restoration at their Capitolfest this coming August!

http://www.romecapitol.com/capitolfest.html

I'd love to go...as I can't imagine we're going to see this on home video any time soon (it's only been 14 years!)

Well then by all means, you should go, Will. After all, you are within driving distance! I know how disappointed you were with the look of the Blu-ray which was not from the original 3-strip negatives. I can only imagine that this presentation will be eye-popping.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I am curious if anyone went and how Nothing Sacred looked.

I have the current Blu-ray, and it is fine, but I would hope there might be a sliver of a chance Disney will release their print on Blu-ray. I would buy it again.

Mark-P said:
Well then by all means, you should go, Will. After all, you are within driving distance! I know how disappointed you were with the look of the Blu-ray which was not from the original 3-strip negatives. I can only imagine that this presentation will be eye-popping.
So, exciting news!
http://www.romecapit...apitolfest.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks