What's new

A Christmas Story 2 Disc SE (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Keith, don't forget the widescreen Babe we just found out about. Give me King Ralph and I'm set.

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
I'm suprised thats its going to be a 2 disc set. But that's awesome nonetheless.

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
SWEEEET!

I wonder if the petition(s) did some good? Man, I am all over this one! The question is, will I be able to hold off watching it from October 7th until December?

"$@%&*@# Bumpuses!!!" Ralphie's "old man" is my hero.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Since the previous thread is now in the cover-art area, I'm posting this info here.

Besides full-screen and widescreen presentations, the two-disc SE will have the following bonus features, according to Warner:

-- Another Christmas Story, an all-new 20th anniversary making-of documentary narrated by Peter Billingsley that shows how the beloved Yule stories got from page to screen
-- Feature-length commentary with cast members and director Bob Clark
-- A History of The Daisy Red Ryder: A look at this nostalgic air rifle, its origin and why it is still popular today
-- Get a Leg Up: A Shining Light of Freedom: A humorous peek at the making of the leg lamp
-- Triple Dog Dare interactive trivia
-- Decoder match challenge
-- Jean Shepherd Radio Program: The beloved author and narrator of "A Christmas Story" reads the holiday stories from his "In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash" that served as the basis for the movie
-- Hidden Easter eggs

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Can't wait!! Any idea how long the documentary is? The Jean Shepherd radio program sounds great.
;)

Robert Saccone

Premium
Does anyone know if Darren McGavin will be on the commentary. He is in his eighties now. I know his wife passed away in April and from the pictures on his website, he looks a little frail. I hope he is on it.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Oh, great extras! :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Jean Shepherd lives!

"Dad always liked fireworks. Too bad he died before the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima. He would have loved that." :eek: :laugh:

Legend - I'm not exaggerating! :D

Gordy

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I hope we get the uncensored version, otherwise I'm not buying. I mean, what were they thinking when they had Ralphy say, "Oh fudge!"? It sounded so fake. :rolleyes

;) :D

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Wow! I hadn't realized that McGavin was that old! He doesn't look to be in the best of health. He has always been one of my favorite character actors. Lord knows A CHRISTMAS STORY wouldn't have been the same without him.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Can't control enthusiasm!!!!!!!! SE's of Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation! A very merry Christmas indeed!

WHOOPIE! A Zepplin!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Yes, but does it come with a Red Ryder Carbine Action Model Air Rifle?
No! That was the original plan, but then apparently someone in the WB legal staff wrote a memo about potential liability in the event of occular trauma and the whole idea was abandoned.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks