What's new

$500 to spend on a 32" tv or flat-screen 27"? (1 Viewer)

Richard Watt

Agent
Ok, I was all set to go with a Toshiba 32A41 for $499 at Best Buy. I am trying to get a used CRT projector for my main movie watching. However, that might not take place till November or December. Either way, I was going to get a television to use for regular NTSC viewing and sports.
Back to the subject. There was a $499 Toshiba 32", but while I walking around I saw a Sony 27" FS13 model I think, that sported the 16:9 feature. It too was $499, but it also had a flat-screen and the pull-down feature. I think there was the Panasonic 27SX31 too for $499.
Would you go with the 32" Toshiba or 27" Sony/Panasonic? I'm really nore looking for brand pref., but more along the lines of spending the same amount of money for a smaller tv, but with better features.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Richard

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JasonRH

Second Unit
Richard,
One thing to consider is that if the wega is flat screen and the larger toshiba is not, then the wega will actually appear closer in size since the curve in the non-flat loses some of the area.

Richard Watt

Agent
Yeah, that was one thing I noticed when I looked at the Wega. It seemed "bigger" than my old 27" in terms of picture size. I've got some thinking to do. I still have not made up my mind. If I can get this thing going with a CRT projector then I will be happy with a regular 32" TV, but I don't want to spend money now until I get everything ready.

Andy L

Stunt Coordinator
Personally, I'd go with the 32" Toshiba. Its quite a size jump over 27" set. Additionally, if you get a projector, you will likely use that for most of your movie watching making the squeeze on the Sony a relatively unused feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Indy7solo
Recent bookmarks