What's new

40h80 problems (1 Viewer)

Simon Hamelin

Auditioning
I bought a Toshiba 40h80 tv in early july. About a month ago, weird things began to happen.
1- Often, when I turn on the tv, I hear 2 or 3 "clicks" and then the tv reset in normal mode, wiping my theater mode settings.
2- happened 1 or 2 times, I was watching the tv and it suddenly turned itself off. I tried to turn the tv back on, but nothing was happening. I had to unplug and replug the tv before it could be turned on again.
3- happened last night, while watching a movie, the tv turned off, then re-turned on, while resetting in normal mode and wiping my settings.
Anyone ever has these problems or know why they occurs? I recall reading about similar problems a couple of months ago on this site...
I'm going to contact the store which sold me the unit tomorrow about the waranty, but I'm pissed because it probably mean that if they repair it I'll lose the tv for a couple of weeks... damn!
Simon

Derek Bang

Stunt Coordinator
Simon
Don't worry so much. Call Toshiba customer service (the number is in your owners manual). They'll give you the number for the local service rep. You warranty from Toshiba covers in-house, on-site repair visits. Thus, you should not go without your set. I had mine serviced twice at my house with no avail. Eventually they replaced the set (with the latest model, no less). Their customer service is pretty good. If you have troubles, let me know. I have contact I could pass along if it comes to that. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks