What's new

24 3/05/02 (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Just got done watching this...and let me say..the stage IS set for the next half of the series. Without giving too much away..

The Bauer/Palmer connection IS made..but you REALLY have to pay attention..or you'll miss it.

And a theme runs thru this episode...money and photos!

So this is one to LISTEN to...not a lot of action..but tell anyone else in the room a great big "SHHHHH"!!!!

So you know: Comes a pretty big surprise in the 2nd interogation...but WHICH 2nd one you may ask..

Hint: Reminds me of Dr. Benton

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Since I also saw this episode already, I must say that it left me very pissed...pissed that I have to wait another week to see what happens (when you see the end, you'll know what I mean).

Not much explosions, but a lot of exposition and a chance for the characters to slow down.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Would one of you two gentlemen kindly tell the guy who's job it is to PROMOTE a local Fox Affiliate in the Sticks how you have already watched an episode of a show that doesn't air until TOMORROW:b?
If there's something I don't know about this show, I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO!!!!

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Paul, I don't know if this is how Scooter & Morgan saw it, but I know that there is a C-Band satellite feed of "24" late Sunday nights.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Yeah, I've been told about that one myself from our guys here. I may have to have a chat with them for my own personal purposes:)!

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, how do you guys watch 24 ahead of time?

Another good episode. Scooter was right, you had to REALLY pay attention to what they were saying, otherwise you would miss some important info. I know I did!!!

They explained the connection between Bauer and Palmer. All I heard was that Bauer was special forces before and that he led a 6 men team into some mission where he was the only survivor. Can someone fill in the blanks for me please? I kind of missed the rest.

Thanks.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
Mike said Jack led a six man unit in, and only Jack made it out. Palmer said "Jack blames me for the loss of his team. That's what this is about." The key part to me was that he referred to it as the (last name of the slavic guy who hired Gaines that talked about Plan B last night, can't remember his name, but the actor's name is Zelko something, this may be the longest parenthetical statement ever...) Mission

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
Well, they mentioned the Bosnian guy by name, for one thing. Driessan (sp?)

Also, that was a stand-up move by Tony, in my opinion, in his debriefing session - ie "Since 12:00 last night I can't disagree with a single move he's made."

I can't help but think that Jack has seriously pissed off A LOT of people in his past at CTU because no one except Nina & Tony are cutting him any slack. Normally I'd expect there to be a little circling of the wagons which is definitely not happening.

Jack also called Alberta's motive right on the nose - she's pulling a career power grab.

Kim knows her mom was raped.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
The Drazen Mission, that's it, thanks the name was bothering me.

I'm thinking it's going to be something like Jack blew up a building and killed the wife or child (insert innocent loved one) of Drazen and now he wants revenge on Jack who led the mission and Palmer who probably ordered the mission.

I'm waiting for the return of Mandy the lesbian bombing parachutist (wonder if she has that on her business card?)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys for the info.

One thing though, how can Palmer order special forces missions? He's just a senator.

I guess we'll find out later on exactly how both Palmer and Bauer are involved in this.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
I suppose Palmer could have been head of some armed forces committee that would be responsible for the orders. Looks like we'll get the specifics next week when they meet.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There are oversight committees in congress that oversee secret missions that go awry, so it's entirely plausible that Palmer was on such a committee.

The spy-vs-spy tension of this episode got racheted up as Nina's "spydey-sense" was sent tingling when she was in the hospital. Those are actually the more entertaining bit of the show because a turn down the wrong hallway could be their last.

Tony did show a bit of backbone last night. Good for him.

Can't believe they snuffed out the Sentinel!

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Was anyone else bothered by the fact that Nina didn't tell Jack about the "fake" FBI agent at the hospital with Terri and Kim? Granted, she probably knew that Jack would try to bust out of CTU and get to the hospital as quickly as possible, but it almost seemed like she was covering something up. It helped that she later told Tony about it, but still...

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
No, I was not bothered and it didn't look like she was covering something up.

She just didn't want to worry Jack or he would've ran out of CTU to check out the situation and he would've gotten into more trouble in the process.

At least that's how I saw it.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
It was probably because Jack was in no position to do anything about it, and he's been through enough already. Still, if I was in Jack's position, I might want to know anyway; and there's a small chance I might have some insight on the guy or situation.

I tuned out before the showed the promos for next week, but I figure Palmer is Jack's ticket out of the doghouse, once they straighten things out.

//Ken

EricW

Senior HTF Member
does anybody want to guess if there's another double agent on the "good" side? is it Alberta or the guy who was debriefing?

is anyone bothered by the fact that Palmer didn't tell his son anything more about the psychologist's murder? i mean he wanted to protect his son by NOT telling him it was done by his bosses, but by NOT telling him he almost got his son to go to the police, which would have made things worse.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Who is the person who saw Teri and Kim leave the hospital. Also, who were the two people who were kissing at the end of the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks