What's new

2007 Honda Fit (Just bought one!) (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
My wife and I had been looking for a new car the past several weeks. It's my wifes car, and it is also her first car (new or used) ever... we looked at the Nissan Versa, Scion Xa, Toyota Yaris/Matrix, Ford Focus, and Mazda3. The Fit was clearly the best choice for her...and it was probably my top pick (not that it mattered) as well...

I still cannot get over how much I like this thing though...It has a TON of room inside and looks pretty cool (to us anyway!) on the outside. During the test-drive, had 2 others cars staring at us as we went by...the 'Fit" is definitely an eye catcher to say the least!

We got the Sport model in BLAZE ORANGE METALLIC. It will go good with my truck 9Xterra) and it's SOLAR YELLOW color :)

We actually won't be picking it up until Tuesday or Wednesday night, so these stock photos will have to do for now.

Thoughts/concerns? Any other 'Fit" owners out there?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I'm also digging these new economy cars. The xA really grew on me, looks like a car from the future, a la Demolition Man. :) These sizes are also perfect for city dwellers. It's a pita when every spot on the street is taken but you see one small enough where one of these could fit, then realizing you drive a big sedan.

Congrats on the new car, I'm sure it will last you a long time.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
This is the first I've heard of the Honda Fit, but I just had to chime in with my astonishment at how hot this metallic copper color is right now. It's everywhere! Cool color, but *everyone* is using it.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
I've driven a Honda Fit Sport with the five-speed automatic and thought it was a blast to drive. It's not the fastest thing around but the handling was wonderful and the amount of interior space just amazes you considering how physically small the car is. :cool:

By the way, the Scion xA is supposed to be replaced by a new model early next year. It will likely be based on the Toyota Ractis "tall wagon" that went on sale in Japan late last year:

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
It's as if they brought back the Civic Wagon (which I've always loved), and made it a million times better.

If I needed to buy a car, I'd definitely have a Fit!

Congrats!

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
What kind of mileage does that thing get? What kind of warranties were they offering? Congrats on a cool looking little car.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer

31/37

Basic warranty is old school 3/36... 5/60 drivetrain

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK

Unlikely that you'll ever need it...especially the drivetrain warranty. Every person I've ever known that owned a Honda got well over 100K miles before selling it or trading it in.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Saw the Fit at the Houston Auto Show this past spring. Very cool little car. If I was in the market now it would be on my short list.

Congrats on the new ride!

Tim L

Second Unit
congrats on the new honda- just ordered a new accord EXL myself-hoping it won't take too long to come in.
Tim

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
is the car still good for you

we need a second car and this loks like a good one to go for.

some conerns i have are the interior

the radio to start.
doenst look like i could remove to put my own in there.
dont know if ilike the look of the radio

how are the seats.

they dont look very comfy.
ad maybe a little flimsy.

how is the leg room.

how is engine noise.

what about outside noise.

thanks

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Tony,

The car is still a perfect "FIT" for my wife and I, as her primary car and my secondary car or when I need a change from driving my Xterra.

The mileage has been pretty much as advertised for me ...the two times that I have checked it, it got 32 and 34 respectively....so right in the 31/37 threshold.

The stock radio: I'm usually one who likes to change out the stereos as well. I did this within the first week on my Xterra to add satellite radio. With the Fit, I actually really like the stock stereo. I added a Sirius radio that plugs into the Fit's AUX Input. This works perfectly. I'm not 100% sure if there is anything out there yet that would allow you to change out the stock head unit - though I may be wrong about that. Check the forum I have linked at the bottom of this post, check the Fit "ICE" forum for info on stereo stuff.

***I just took a look at the link with stereo information and it appears you can buy a custom made front bezel that would allow you to install whatever head unit that you would like**** Look here: http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7180

You can check the following forum for TONS of info on the Fit:

http://www.fitfreak.net/

Seats: They are okay...nothing special. I definitely prefer my bigger/stronger seats on my Xterra - but really don't have anything negative to say about the Fit seats.

Interior: Definitely the best interior from the cars we looked at. Looks more like an Accord...not cheap looking if you ask me...looks great all cleaned up. The black interior cloth seats do tend to show anythign and everything, but this goes for anything with black cloth I guess.

Engine noise: Not too bad - but the noise definitely increases as you are going up some hills/mountains, which we do occasionally living here in SoCal (High Desert area). This thing only has 109hp, so that would be my one complaint...but I'm not really complaining when I fill up the tank (especially compared to my Xterra).

Outside noise: No complaints. I usually have the radio way up though :)

Leg room: Not too bad. There is no really good resting place for your left foot though, so this might put some off. Some folks on the FitFreaks forum have added a foot rest device themselves, but I really don't see the need, for me anyway. I would rather drive my X for long distance trips for when i would be in the car all day though. I'm 6'1", BTW...and I tend to sit closer to the steering wheel than most people do (or so I have been told).

Other stuff:

Gets lots of looks on and off the road.

Handles very well - can turn on a dime

Easy to wash / wax

Has lots of pep - even though it only has 109hp (Hills can be a "slight" challenge) but i'm heavy on the pedal - so it's usually no issue.

We still love it!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thanks for all that.

i'll take a look at those sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks