What's new

2003 Nissan Pathfinder Stereo questions (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Hi all!

I own a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE and I have been thinking about putting in a better stereo system and speakers. Possibly even adding a "car-puter" that I have been wanting to build as well.

My questions:

I have a Bose system in my Pathy now. I have read where these are a PIA to upgrade, without pulling everyhting (and I mean everything) out and completely starting over.

I don't want to do this (if possible), but may consider it if it's an absolute must do before trying to upgrade.

Another question I have. Will I still be able to use the steering wheel controls if I upgrade/replace the Bose stuff.

Thanks for any feedback...I'm in the planning stage now and probably won't have the cash or time to start things up until later this summer at the earliest.

Regards,

Mike

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
not sure what a PIA is but i think all you guys know Bose is not the best, in home or car audio. If i were you i'd pull it all out. BOSE is alright but doesn't compare to aftermarket units. If you want to get a steering wheel mounted remote get Pioneer or i think Sony still does the knob remote. Pretty much every company comes with a remote for their units. I would suggest getting rid of everything cause its all pretty much junk. last thing to get rid of is the factory speakers. First thing is the factory head unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks