What's new

2 Dual LNBs and Multiswitches (1 Viewer)

Wes Stover

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed on most multiswitches that LNB A is marked 13/14V and LNB B is marked 17/18V. How would I know which connector on the LNB is 13/14V and which is 17/18V????? I see no markings... HELP

Thanks,

Wes

Mike Tondreault

Auditioning
I have no tecnical answer to this, but I will tell you what I ran in to when switching multiswitches. When the cables were reversed, I still got channels but not all of them. After asking this forum and others, I found that I was only receiving half of the transponders. After switching them around, all was fine. I hat to say trial and error, but it worked. Hope this helps.:)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It doesn't matter which connector on the LNB goes to either of the two inputs on the switch, just make sure both inputs are connected to the same LNB.

The mult-switch will send a constant 13V DC signal to one output of the LNB and a constant 18V DC signal to the other output of the LNB. This locks on output of the LNB to the odd channels and the other output to even channels. Same thing for the C and D connections that go to the 119 LNB but the switch only "switches" to these inputs when it receives the 22Khz tone.

When you turn your receiver to a channel, it sends out either 13V, 18V, 13V+22Khz tone or 18V+22Khz tone. The switch will connect the receiver to the correct LNB based on the voltage/signal combo. It happens instantly so you never know it's switching LNBs/satellites.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks