What's new

1x3 S-Video / Stereo Audio Distribution Amplifier (1 Viewer)

TimTurtino

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for a decent DA that can

A) Take normal S-Video inputs and output 2-3 normal S-vid outputs
B) Take RCA (unbalanced) inputs and ouput 2-3 RCA outputs for stereo audio.

The only things I've found so far are for professional use and so usually have all sorts of BNC connectors and balanced audio. All I'm trying to do is split the signal out of my cable box so that I can do both video switching on my receiver and audio switching on my TV, so buying several balanced to unbalanced converters and S-Vid breakout cables is complete overkill.

If I have to buy separate DAs for the S-vid and the audio, it's acceptable, although I'd prefer one unit.

I'd like to stay under $50 per unit if possible. (Since if the video quality stays acceptable, I'll be buying more for my SVHS and TiVo).

Anybody know of anything?

Thanks in advance,

Me

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have the RS 1 x 4 and it's around $30. Does a decent job for the price and also does composite and audio.
Great for the price... every other one is $100 up

TimTurtino

Stunt Coordinator
Oh my gosh. I can't believe I didn't check R$ out.

Aside from the fact that it's Rat$hack, that's a great answer-- more than I was looking for. Thanks a lot, Grant!

Anybody else have any ideas? This will definitely do, but I'd prefer something a little higher quality than I'm used to from the $haft,

Me

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
My lomgest s video run is 100ft and I have a 50ft run to my 32inch Wega in the Bedroom and they both look very good.
I've told a couple of friends about it ....and they are still my friends :D
I understand your hesiiation about rat shack...occasionally they do something right.

TimTurtino

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I've got two of them and tried them out. Haven't had time to do extensive testing, but so far, they look fine. Thanks a lot, Grant!

Me

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Occasionally RS takes some $300 speciality device and puts it out for $40 to the masses.
Gotta give credit when credits due
Grant

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks