What's new
World Wide Stereo

1024 x 768 and 1080i (1 Viewer)

Adam J

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed all these LCD and DLP monitors at the store support 1080i, but have 1024x768 resolution, or close to that. Isn't the 1080i name from horizontal resolution (768 in the case of these monitors).

Does that mean that these monitors take a 1080i signal and then downconvert it to 768?

Do all the LCD and DLP monitors convert all their supported signals to the 1024x768 resolution?

Kinda new to looking at all these things and have been reading the forums the last few days but I haven't been able to use search to find the answer to this question. Thanks for all responses.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John S

Senior HTF Member
In the end, I just found a set that matched my most important criteria, that had a picture quality I liked, that of course was in my price range.

I just don't think going for raw displayed pixel count resolution is going to tell the whole story of the picture any given set is going to display is all.

Heck, I can't even get a straight answer on it or even the real max lines of res, for my new Philips. But alas the picture is great and I am happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks