Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Title: Deadpool 3 (2024)

Genre: Action, Comedy

Director: Shawn Levy

Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman, Emma Corrin

Release: 2024-11-06

Plot: The third installment in the Deadpool franchise.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Wow, this was unexpected:
Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman in Deadpool 3, 9/6/24.

Also, this has to be one of the best teasers of all time.

FdsMt6IWYAUgAl5.jpg

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Wow, this was unexpected:
Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman in Deadpool 3, 9/6/24.

Also, this has to be one of the best teasers of all time.

View attachment 155337

If true, how much will Hugh be in Deadpool 3? He was "kind of" in the previous entries...

Variety has seemingly confirmed it as well...

Huge news, indeed (given Jackman's reluctance to don the claws again), if he has a substantial part. But it would be great for fans given their relationships both on and off screen. Anticipation will be high!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's true. The video announcing it comes from Ryan Reynolds social media and was reposted by Hugh Jackman. I think that's about as official as you can get.

how much will Hugh be in Deadpool 3?
I think it has to be a substantial part in order to make an announcement like this. If he's just there for five minutes to say hi, that would only serve to hype the fans up for no reason.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That would be perfectly keeping with the spirit of Deadpool to have Wolvie show up and exit the picture in 30 seconds.
Good point. But they already did that once with his cameo in First Class.

Also, I think releasing a poster like that implies that Wolverine will have a significant role and everyone involved knows it.

We'll see.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
The release date of Sep 6 2024 is unusual (typically). It’s the weekend after Labor Day, when film studios usually release their non-blockbusters.

Heck, even Labor Day weekend is usually left for low-expectation summer movies, until Shang-Chi broke the mould in 2021.

I suppose the MCU is so reliable these days that any weekend would work!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Disney does not have to worry about this date. They just need to make a good movie.

As you noted, Shang-Chi opened over Labor Day to $75 million.

It opened in September to $123 million for the first film and $91 million for the second.

Besides, Marvel has so many movies right now that it is not possible to put them all in the summer or holiday season slots.

Remember, February wasn't really a "big" month either and then Deadpool opened to $132 million. A few years later, Black Panther opened to $202 million.

The first two Deadpool films have a huge amount of goodwill, and now people are going to be extra curious to see what happens with Wolverine here. As long as the movie is good, I think there is every reason to expect big things from this.

There's also the issue of Cable, because anyone in the MCU will recognize him Josh Brolin as Thanos. I assume if he returns, they'll just make this a joke.

Last edited:

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
There's also the issue of Cable, because anyone in the MCU will recognize him Josh Brolin as Thanos. I assume if he returns, they'll just make this a joke.
And in Deadpool 2, Wade already told Cable to “zip it, Thanos!” if I recall correctly!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
A rumor floating around today is that Tom Holland will appear as Spider-Man in a cameo. Whether or not this is true, I think this film is going to have a lot of fun playing with the MCU.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
A rumor floating around today is that Tom Holland will appear as Spider-Man in a cameo.
That would require Sony signing off. When Disney and Sony made up and agreed to make No Way Home, the deal reportedly called for one Spider-Man film and one "loan" of Spider-Man for a Disney MCU film. Obviously, Disney hasn't used the loan yet. I guess it's possible that they could cash that in here, but I would be really surprised if this was the project they are saving that for.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Tom Holland has said somewhere that No Way Home was the last movie on his contract. Of course, that doesn't mean they couldn't re-sign him. But there will probably have to be negotiations with his representatives and I'm guessing he'll be getting a raise.

Last edited:

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if it's been posted already, but here's an interesting article about Hugh. Has some snippets about how he joined Deadpool 3.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tennispro786
Recent bookmarks