What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Bambi: The Reckoning (2024)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Bambi: The Reckoning (2024)

Tagline: Watcha Doing? Hibernating?

Genre: Horror

Director: Dan Allen

Cast: Roxanne McKee, Tom Mulheron, Nicola Wright, Russell Geoffrey Banks, Joseph Greenwood, Alex Cooke, Adrian Relph, Ewan Borthwick, Big Tobz, Catherine Adams, Luke Cavendish, Samira Mighty, David Ambler

Release: 2024-07-04

Plot: Xana and her son, Benji, find themselves in a car wreck and are soon hunted down by the vicious killing machine, Bambi.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Another beloved character landing in Public Domain Purgatory, eh?

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
It was for a while now. The original novel was first published as a magazine serial in 1922.

According to Wikipedia:

"The American copyright of the novel expired on January 1, 2022, while in Austria and other countries of the European Union it entered the public domain on January 1, 2016."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
On the other hand, it made me think of the animated short film Bambi Meets Godzilla and its "sequel" Bambi's Revenge.
The difference to me is that that's a funny joke and this is just exploitative garbage. And I say that as a massive fan of (good) exploitation movies but these Winnie The Pooh, Bambi, whatever is next movies are just trash that's trying to be edgy by saying "fuck" or by having violence in a movie with kids' characters. It's cheap and lazy and not half as cool or funny as these talentless hacks wish it was.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I can't wait for a news story about an elementary teacher showing this to their class like the Pooh horror movie.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks