What's new

Denon 3200 - What´s your opinion ? (1 Viewer)

Mauricio_BR

Agent
Hello everybody,

This is my first post here and I would like to your opinions about the Denon AVR-3200. I just bought one in really good shape and looking at some older posts I picked up various comments saying it is a nice piece with good sound.

Is it really ? (I still haven´t received it yet)

Despite the fact it don´t have all the up-to-date features like 96/24 or DTS the sound is really good ?

I´m quite used with the sound of my Pioneer 709.

Would anyone out there have the manual in .pdf format ? I´ve searched the Denon sites but they don´t have 3200 info even in the "retired" section.

Thank you.

Mauricio

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
I used and liked Denon receivers since the AVR-2500 was out (which is a couple of generations before the 3200.) The 3200 was indeed a nice unit in it's day. If yours is in good condition, I feel fairly certain you'll be happy.

As I remember, through it's own digital input, the 3200 is Dolby Digital only (no DTS) and has a built-in Dolby Digital rf modulator for using the older laserdisc players. The large/small speaker crossover is hinged at 80 Hz. It will have on-screen display and I'm pretty sure it will support S-Video connections. It does have the 5.1 analog inputs that would allow you to connect an SACD or DVD-Audio player to it. (If you hookup a DVD-Video player that does the DD/DTS decoding itself and hook it up to the 3200 through the 5.1 inputs, then you could have both DD and DTS.)

It's early and this is all I remember at the moment. Hope you're happy with it when it arrives!

Mauricio_BR

Agent
I have a Pioneer 606d player and I´m thinking exactly in hooking them using the analog 5.1 inputs

Anyone else ?

Mauricio_BR

Agent
I would also like to know whats the current capability of this Denon. Should it be around 10 A or less ?

Anyone knows ?

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Mauricio: One additional point and a couple of questions.

The 3200's 5.1 analog inputs will not have any bass redirection/bass management on them. So if you are not using full range speakers all around, be sure to set the speaker sizes in your 606d.

Amperage...

Are you refering to the amperage for the AC power plugin or rated output current for the 3200's amps?

I don't know what the AC power amperage draw is. It probably depends on what voltage the unit will operate on in Brasil.

As for amp output current, Denon does not rate their products for this spec. IMO, output current ratings I've seen are advertising hype. They never include duration ratings, load type etc. IOW, useless...

Hope this helps!

Mauricio_BR

Agent
Hi Kent,

Tks. I really could have written my post a little bit clearer. What I meant was exactly what´s the rated output current for the it´s amps.

I don´t give it a great deal of importance, tough I would like to know these specs.

Do you have any idea where I can find some specs about the 3200 ? Stuff like, effects processor or what it has instead of a 96/24. Just tech specs beyond the 85w x 5 bs and, if possible, a .pdf manual, cause I´m very curious and I won´t receive it until next week.

Thanks

Mauricio

PS: BTW, just FYI in Brasil we use 110V 60hz

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Sorry but no, I don't know where to find a 3200 manual. The AVR-1700 was from the same time frame and the AVR-2800 was around that point too (but still after the 3200 because it had DTS.) The info sheets at Denon's website may offer you some info but I do know that the 3300 is not at all the same machine, so it would not be a good comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks