What's new

“All That Jazz” It’s ShowTime Folks, Finally!(For me) (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I can now officially retire my Pan & Scan LD of “All That Jazz”. I received this DVD in the mail today & rushed home to watch it. The restoration of this film is a success as far as I’m concerned, the picture looked great. The sound is 2.0 stereo, too bad it can’t be 4.0 or 5.1, but after all this is a 23 yr old movie. It sounded clean to my ears. Two of the three major extras could have been better. Three Roy Scheider interview clips & 5 clips of Fosse on the films set are IMHO just average. The third major extra is a Roy Scheider commentary. I only listened to bits of it throughout the film. However, of what I heard it appears to be an interesting commentary that is worth listening to. It was a joy to see my favorite parts of the film looking great again.The cattle call opening, the “Everything old is new again” scene & the finale. Fox will have to work hard to make their R1 version of this DVD better than this R2 PAL version. (I did not notice any of the PAL speed-up effects) For those of you who love this film & just can’t wait for Fox to put out their R1 version in 2003 or beyond, then get this version & ENJOY it!!I can identify with this film more than ever now, since I had my own close encounter of the cardiac type. And I didn’t see Jessica Lange either! Drats! :cool: :wink: :emoji_thumbsup:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well,
We saw some scenes of this while we were at Fox, during the LA meet last year.
I was HIGHLY impressed.
So I can safely say that it will be better then anyones expectations

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I just checked 2 R4 e-tailer sites. From the info provided on these two sites it appears that the R2 & R4 versions are the same.;)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
My description is based on a R2 version purchased from the UK dealer BlackStar. It has "streeted" in R2 & R4.

Peter Yee

Premium
Just to torture Ron. This is one of his all-time favourite movies. You should have seen how excited he was during the HTF National Meet when we got to see some of the footage. Peter Staddon is toying with him. :)
-Peter

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
:D I see where there was no announcement about an R1 version of this title when Fox announced their catalog title plans for next year. It makes my purchase of the R2 version all the more sweeter. Fox has really dropped the ball on this one for those of you who are not multi-regional.:D

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
This really is bizarre. I'm certainly multi-standard/region, but I was just patiently waiting for the R1 (I've seen All That Jazz enough times that it is burned into my memory...) and was in no rush.
But no R1 announcement even for next year? Just plain bizarre.
Ted

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
From what info I have Fox was going to release it this year. They then pulled it from the release queue because there was an "opportunity" for more extras. Those extras did not pan out. So as to not have the release get lost in the Holiday crush, they delayed it until 2003. I've not seen or heard anything further about a release date. Who knows it could be held until December 31st 2003.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks