Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Just got my first Region 3 DVD - Too Cool!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

• 1,105 posts

Posted July 15 2002 - 06:15 AM

I bought Godzilla Vs Megauirus through Ebay from a seller in Singapore (only $15.00 including shipping, too!). It's region 3, Dolby Digital 5.1, English subtitles -- and it looks GREAT playing on my Apex 3201!

Time to start looking for DVDs from other regions!

#2 of 7 cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,022 posts

Posted July 15 2002 - 06:34 AM

I know the feeling. I got a region-free DVD player earlier this year so I wouldn't have to wait until May for "Legend." Since then I've bought the unedited version of "Eyes Wide Shut" and the unedited, original-score, Japanese-language version of "Street Fighter II" (anime).

#3 of 7 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted July 15 2002 - 07:19 AM

Carl! FINALLY I found someone who has that disc!

Is the music video for the song played during the fight between Ryu/Ken and Vega on there? It was on the LD

#4 of 7 cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,022 posts

Posted July 26 2002 - 07:20 PM

I tried to respond to your e-mail, Jeff, but it got bounced back with an error message. Here's my reply:

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, but I've been out of town for the past week and haven't checked the HTF since then.

The DVD does contain one bonus feature that might be the music video you're talking about. I'm not sure because it's kind of weird. It has the song you're looking for, but it begins as what looks like an ad for the movie (or maybe just it's soundtrack? I'm not sure, I can't really understand Japanese). The song continues to play over clips from the movie. It runs a few minutes long — I'm not sure of the exact time but I can check for you if you like.

You said the video was on the LD so I hope my vague description helps you figure out if the DVD has what you're looking for.

#5 of 7 Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted July 26 2002 - 11:44 PM

Yeah, it's great being region free.
just got done watching All That Jazz (R4).
great transfer for a great movie.
couldn't detect the PAL speed-up either so i'm doubly happy.
on deck i have the SE for The Great Escape, Conan The Destoyer , Betty Blue- Directors Cut , and Jean De Florette & Manon Of The Spring. The R2 versions of these last two are anamorphic and completely lay waste to the hack jobs MGM did to the films in R1.

have to highly recommend the Malata 520, while i'm at it to.
great unit.
can't understand why everybody doesn't go region free, especially the educated people on forums like this.

#6 of 7 CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted July 27 2002 - 12:19 AM

I was going to get a region free player and buy some region free movies/shows but it would limit watching them to one room. Everyone in my house watches movies in different rooms throughout the house.

Capt

#7 of 7 James_M

James_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 135 posts

Posted July 27 2002 - 08:08 PM

Stephen, you could've gotten Godzilla vs Megauirus for $9 shipped from dddhouse.com