Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

DV-47A and 96k digital out

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Bob Barton

Bob Barton

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted June 21 2002 - 02:15 AM

I just recently purchased a Pioneer DV-47a and am trying to get 96k digital out using the Eagles, Hotel California DVD-A. I have a Pioneer 49TX receiver which will display 96 when receving a 96k digital signal, but this never is lit. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this just not possible?

I also have Fleetwood Mac, Rumors which has a 3 channel, 96k track. This also does not seem to put out 96k through the digital channel. Any input appreciated!

Thanks,
Bob

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Evelio Figueroa

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit

• 484 posts

Posted June 21 2002 - 05:59 AM

Quote:
I just recently purchased a Pioneer DV-47a

Quote:
I have a Pioneer 49TX receiver

I have the same DVD player and the 49TX!! Posted Image

Quote:
am trying to get 96k digital out using the Eagles, Hotel California DVD-A.

If that DVD-A has a DTS 96K/24bit track, make sure ALL sound modes are off in order to get DTS 96K to light up on the 49TX. LISTENING CH SELECT to AUTO or 5.1, Loudness off, Digital NR off, Midnight off, Tone off, and Re-Equalization, which is found in the THX audio setup onscreen menu, off. Also use the standard mode. Same goes for PCM 96K. Look on page 47 in the manual.

Make sure the DV-47A is putting out a 96k signal for 96k PCM tracks. (Not all DVD players passes a PCM 96K signal) You have to go into the DV-47A menu and make sure its not down converting it to 48K. For DTS 96K, all you need is a DVD player with "DTS out"

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown

Producer

• 5,713 posts

Posted June 21 2002 - 01:10 PM

Stupid Question:

I know that there are Chesky 24/96 CDs out there, but I thought that no DVD-A player was "allowed" to pass any kind of DVD-A associated digital signal?
If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ...

Forum Nav Content I Follow