What's new

DV-47A and 96k digital out (1 Viewer)

Bob Barton

Grip
I just recently purchased a Pioneer DV-47a and am trying to get 96k digital out using the Eagles, Hotel California DVD-A. I have a Pioneer 49TX receiver which will display 96 when receving a 96k digital signal, but this never is lit. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this just not possible?

I also have Fleetwood Mac, Rumors which has a 3 channel, 96k track. This also does not seem to put out 96k through the digital channel. Any input appreciated!

Thanks,
Bob

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
am trying to get 96k digital out using the Eagles, Hotel California DVD-A.
If that DVD-A has a DTS 96K/24bit track, make sure ALL sound modes are off in order to get DTS 96K to light up on the 49TX. LISTENING CH SELECT to AUTO or 5.1, Loudness off, Digital NR off, Midnight off, Tone off, and Re-Equalization, which is found in the THX audio setup onscreen menu, off. Also use the standard mode. Same goes for PCM 96K. Look on page 47 in the manual.
Make sure the DV-47A is putting out a 96k signal for 96k PCM tracks. (Not all DVD players passes a PCM 96K signal) You have to go into the DV-47A menu and make sure its not down converting it to 48K. For DTS 96K, all you need is a DVD player with "DTS out"

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Stupid Question:

I know that there are Chesky 24/96 CDs out there, but I thought that no DVD-A player was "allowed" to pass any kind of DVD-A associated digital signal?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks