Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Gatorade WATER?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Mark Larson

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor

• 539 posts

Posted June 08 2002 - 08:33 PM

WTF is that all about ? I thought water was ... water!! There's Evian, which is ok - its found a niche among models and wannabes everywhere, but HOW can Gatorade offer more "energy, stamina and performance" from plain old water??
Or if they're adding stuff to it, it doesn't remain water!!
Posted Image Just thought it kinda strange and wanted to vent.
Nurse is it time for my medication yet?

#2 of 9 Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark

Screenwriter

• 2,181 posts

Posted June 08 2002 - 11:23 PM

Gatorade is pretty much just water anyway. I'd assume this is Gatorade without the flavoring (or maybe something so it tastes like water).

#3 of 9 Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter

• 1,088 posts

Posted June 09 2002 - 12:02 AM

Do an internet search on 'oral rehydration solution.' Not that Gatorade quite fits that category, but....

#4 of 9 Daniel Swartz

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit

• 450 posts

Posted June 09 2002 - 01:20 AM

Bottled water is one of the fastest growing categories of packaged goods: 30% last year vs. 0.6% for soda. More than $3.5 billion in bottled water will be sold domestically this year. The two major players, in the U.S. at least, are -- surprise, surprise -- Coke and Pepsi.

Pepsi currently is #1 with its Aquafina brand and Coke is #2 with its Dasani brand. Aquafina is literally just filtered tap water. Dasani, on the other hand, is tap water with added minerals (e.g., a mineral packet similar to the Coke concentrate).

I'm guessing that Gatorade is just trying to jump on the bandwagon.... If the world needs 150 kinds of SUVs, then what's another bottled water brand...

#5 of 9 Michael*K

Michael*K

Screenwriter

• 1,815 posts

Posted June 09 2002 - 04:06 AM

You're talking about the flavored water they sell called Propel. I think it comes in four flavors, has about 10 calories per serving and supposedly contains various vitamins and minerals. I've tried the stuff. Not bad, but if I'm working out, I don't need flavored H2O. Plain water is just fine.

#6 of 9 John Sturge

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted June 09 2002 - 06:23 AM

Aquafina is city water from Texas.

#7 of 9 Mark Larson

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor

• 539 posts

Posted June 09 2002 - 11:34 AM

Quote:
bad, but if I'm working out, I don't need flavored H2O. Plain water is just fine.

EXACTLY!! Posted Image
Atleast evian has the snob appeal - this thing is just gatorade without the psychedelic colours. Posted Image

#8 of 9 Scott Strang

Scott Strang

Screenwriter

• 1,133 posts

Posted June 09 2002 - 11:51 AM

I've always liked bottled water simply because I typically don't like carbonated beverages.

What I do hate though is companies like Desani, Evian and other companies that add minerals "to enhance the taste" or whatever. All that stuff does is make it taste bitter.

My fav would be Music Mountain. They don't seem to have any minerals in it. Whether it does is immaterial as it is the best tasting bottle water I've tried.

The only time I will drink that Evian crap is when there's nothing else at the c store.

#9 of 9 dave_brogli

dave_brogli

Screenwriter

• 1,022 posts

Posted June 10 2002 - 02:11 AM

ha the propel stuff is ok (only the lemon, it somewhat tastes like lite country time lemonade). But I would never bye evian or dasani or all that crap. water, last time I checked was free out of my faucet.